1.12

Zach_

I’m immediately surrounded by people, harassing other people for luggage assistance, taxis and limousines. I have a death grip on Cammie’s hand, glaring at anyone who stared.

I expected that, since she’s wearing those really tall shoes, the shortest leather shorts in existence and a sheer white blouse that shows off her great – er – assets. She’s got a short black wig and cherry red lipstick on and the darkest, largest sunnies I could find.

 She looks like a total ho which is the point of her disguise, but I don’t want anyone touching her.

                                                          Of course I trust you!

I can’t keep the grin off my face. She’d slapped me so hard I think I’m going to have the outline of her hand imprinted forever on my face. I don’t mind.

By the time we’re in our suite, I’m exhausted and jetlagged. I hate planes. They’re the only things I can’t sleep in. It’s that heaviness in your ears; it numbs my brain to a zombie-like state and gives me headaches.

Cammie’s poring over the hotel’s menu. She looks up at me and asks, “Do you want anything?”

“Nah, I’m just going to take a shower and crash. I can’t sleep on planes” I explain.

A little frown forms on her face. “You sure? You’ve had nothing but a short black since the flight.”

“Toast then,” I sigh. I don’t want her to worry. I smirk at her, “Don’t run off while I’m in the shower.”

She snorts and plops herself on the middle of the bed. “Not going anywhere.” She winks.

The corner of my mouth twitches. “I hope you remember the reason we got a double.”

Her face goes pink. “Go take your goddamn shower.”

Suddenly I forget I have a headache. The room feels a hundred degrees hotter. “Maybe I should get that shower later.”

But she’s already digging through my pack, and pushes my clothes to my chest, her face looking flushed.

I take her face in my hands and I whisper, “You’re cute when you’re angry.”

  Before she could say anything, I kiss the tip of her nose, and I head to the shower.

X

There are so many things I haven’t told her. The thought is like the steaming water raining down my back, scalding my skin.

Should I tell her about him? What if she thinks I’m lying? I don’t want Cammie to lose her trust in me for even a second. Nobody trusted me like that in a while.

I bow my head and watch the water drip from my hair into my eyes to the floor. You know what? I don’t think it’s going to affect our mission, whether I tell her or not. And it’s highly unlikely we’d see him anytime soon.

Highly unlikely.

-------

Fan,

Vote,

& Comment! :)