Prologue

"Sanjna, lover, wake up." A male voice crooned in a female elf's ear, stroking her hair gently. It's him. Her consciousness purred in content. Our love.

Forcing her eyes open, she was met with a view that could rival even the fairest Goddess in the world. "Nuada..." She murmured with a sigh. Bringing her arms from under the blanket, she wrapped them around his slender neck. "You are up early."

"Of course." He smiled. "You should work on being a light sleeper soon, for it is required of you."

Sanjna groaned, closing her eyes and refusing the sunlight its passage into the golden orbs. Resting her forehead against his sternum, she inhaled his over-powering scent consisting of herbs and flowers.

"I am not a warrior. I do not need to."

Nuada snorted and Sanjna could just imagine him rolling his eyes. "Fair point, though, what if someone tried to murder you in your sleep?"

Ignoring the question for the moment and feeling mischievous, she rolled them over so she was straddling him. His pale hair, tinged golden at the end, spread out like a halo on the grass around his head. He smirked up at her while she grinned. Lowering down so her lips brushed his, she whispered her answer. "I'd have you by my side, won't I? And even if I didn't, the forest would protect me." Her lips covered his in a gentle kiss.

He groaned as she pulled away giggling. "Why do you do this to me, Sanjna?"

"I do not understand what you are talking about." She sang as she leapt off of him, her long toga-like dress flying in the wind while Her hand kept a tight hold on the forest green sash draped over her shoulder and around her arm.

-------------------------------

Sanjna laughed merrily at the look on Nuada's face. "Do not look like that! Terra won't bite. She's harmless."

Nuada rolled his eyes as the large wolf only living in the Bethmoora Forest sniffed him warily. "Of course you would say that, my love. All the animals in the forest adore you."

Smiling, the elven woman adjusted her sash on her shoulder before kneeling down and whistling gently. Terra looked up and slowly went over with a grunt, accepting the attention Sanjna was giving her.

Sanjna's face took on a look of subdued solemness as her hand stilled momentarily. "I cannot help it. It is my gift. My soul is linked with the forest and all the animals in it."

Terra gave a small growl when Sanjna stopped petting her, only to hum a small purr-like sound when Sanjna continued to stroke the pale grey fur.

--------------------------------

"Nuada, wait-" Sanjna gasped as the hand in his fell away to grasp her chest. At the same exact time, birds from the North squawked and fled in panic. Shortly after, black smoke billowed up into the beautiful blue sky.

"Sanjna!" The elven prince cried as he caught his beloved's falling form. He looked in the direction where the smoke came from. "What in the name of the gods is happening?" He breathed.

"The humans . . ." Sanjna coughed. "The forest. . . Terra. . ."

"I shall send some of my best warriors to retrieve her. Do not fret." Nuada muttered as he scooped his beloved into his arms and ran towards the direction of the palace, immediately calling upon all the skilled healers to tend to her.