Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Grand Prix Final Of Tears

~Yuuri's pov~

"Sure enough, he passed the free skating as well!" I heard the main announcer exclaim, as the crowd cheers from the stands as they watch in amazement regarding the living legend's results. The cheerful male then continued with, "Today marks the fifth consecutive Grand Prix Final win for The Russian Legion twenty-seven-year-old, Victor Nikiforov,"

"Unfortunately, earlier this month many speculated that the Russian will retire after this season. But from the magical performance he has shown us tonight, it appears that those rumors may be finally put to rest," Looking up at the scoreboard, I clench my fist, knowing that while Victor gave a terrific performance, I completely failed at mine.

"But, I have to say, I'm more concerned about Japanese skater, Yuuri Katsuki," Hearing my name, I wince having a feeling as to what they were talking about. Before another commentator says, "Well, I hate to admit this, but I think don't think he gave this his all. Instead, he gave in to the pressure of this being his first grand prize final,"

Letting their words sink in, I feel a pit of doubt builds in my stomach, the question if I truly can do this. Frowning, I pull out my phone, opening up the comments that were about everyone's performances. As I scroll through seeing many people's words of pity relating to me, I nearly drop my phone when I feel someone slap my hands. Looking up, I see my Coach, Celestino wearing an angry expression.

"Put that away!" He scolded me, as he steps back saying, "Looking at the news won't do you any good," "Katsuki plummets to the last place, will this season be his last?" I read off another comment on my phone after I turn around ignoring Celestino's warnings. Sighing in defeat, I mumble, "Probably," "Enough!" Celestino shouts, snatching my phone out of my hands, placing my device in his pocket.

'At twenty-three years old, I'm only one of a dozen figure skaters that were certified by the JSF. At first, I thought that I could win, but instead, I got the last place, and I'm still having a hard time accepting it. However, a week before, I let the pressure get to me, and then my family's dogs died which only made me more of a mess,'

Feeling slightly better about everything, I look up at Celestino and ask for my phone back. At first, the long-haired male was hesitant, only handing it to me after he made me promise not to read any more comments. Nodding in agreement to his terms, I retrieve my phone and then head to the bathrooms where I know no one will bother me.

~Meanwhile~

~(Y/n)'s pov~

After watching Victor get announced as the winner from the commons both Yuri and I begin to walk towards the rink to congratulate the childish male. However, as we're about to turn a corner, someone's body bumps into me. Stumblingly back slightly from the unexpected impact, I see a tall male with short black hair. Looking away from him, I quietly apologize.

However, much to my surprise, the male doesn't take his eyes off of his phone and merely walks past Yuri and I. Spotting the black-haired male's jacket, I mumble his name, "Yuuri Katsuki," "Yuri, is something wrong?" I questioned the blonde after seeing a glimpse of the cat-obsessed male's sudden scowl. Yuri doesn't take his eyes off of the other male, only telling me, "I have something I need to do," "Text me when you find the pervert, and I'll meet up with you later,"