Chapter one

So, here is my first chapter. Hopefully you like it. Please your vote and comment is highly needed. Enjoy! Thank you.
****

The life of a princess is so limited that its sometimes suffocating, frustrating and annoying. Friends are chosen for you, food you eat is chosen for, suitors are chosen for you. places you visit is monitored and your guards follows you all the time. But I also know they are for a good cause. Right now, my thoughts is same as always, only today my parents decide to have a discussion without actually involving me but they still called for my attention. Sigh.
I don't even know what they called me for.* rolling my eyes.
"Mum, dad". I decided to call for their attention and surprisingly they did, as they are still whispering. I only call my parents the king and Queen of the royal palace by mum and dad but when council of elders are around. I give them the respect and call them like the rest of the kingdoms.
"I have been here for twenty minutes now and you are yet to let me in on why my attention is needed"....please tell me so I can go back to my room and continue writing my poems" I said.
" oh my princess, why do u like writing poems so much.?" My dad says. Like they don't know already. Almost every time I have to explain to them why I write poems. I simply love writing and expressing deep emotions into them. But I told them" I just love writing dad". Oh OK.
" so, me and your mother called you here because there is there is an brought to us by the elders and it has to do with marriage. He says. My mum was just nodding while listening too. "So?" I said.
"We also know that you're in your final year and the elders suggested that it will be a good idea to arrange suitors for you, to make things easier for you." He finishes. I just stared at him and my mum. while I stood up from couch in one the living rooms. Right now, he looks as if he had no say in it. He is the king of this kingdom no one has a right to impose pressure onto the king. I just remembered a saying he once told and will never forget those words ' a leader is always a servants to their people '. And right now it seems the king is following orders rather than the other way round. But it still didn't give them the right to dictates my life affairs and I'm sure some of these elders want to arrange their sons so they be next in line of being a king after my father. Being a king has its own down side and sometimes, I wished I wasn't born into the royalty. My uncles is couldn't take the throne as he is still the youngest. My grandfather had only to two sons, unfortunately my dad was the first born. Hmm..I sighed. This kingdom has so many rules, they lived as if we are still underdeveloped, still living with ways of "our ancestors" according to them. Marriage is the last on my mind right now. Even if I have to marry, I want it to be based on love and deep connection. Not based on traditional beliefs and pressure.
"I will think about it. Besides I still have less than a year". I told them.
" just don't take to long to think dear. The elders want an immediate answer". Mum says.
Naturally, my Mum is quite all the time. For her to speak. Makes me feel like, it has taken lots of pressure on her too. As I look at both of my parent, they look defeated, stressed and concerned about the situation too. They never like the traditional rules followed in this kingdom but they have no choice either. I feel for them most times and I love them for being strong together and that is the kind of love I want to have with whoever I decided to spend the rest of my life.
"I will think about it, they like it or live it." I said to them, then bowed to them and walked out of the many living room in the palace. This just too much.
****

720words. Yay! to me. I hope you like it. Corrections is accepted as I earlier mentioned, votes and comments too. Thank you.