Chapter Two: Like Father Like Son

"Yeah!" Aaron yelled, slashing his sword towards his father.

Aaron was now at the young age of 15. Just like his father, he had become one of the top swordsmen in Hyrule (behind his father, of course).

"You are getting better son," Link said, blocking every blow with his Hylian Shield, "keep it up!"

Aaron tripped his father, then using a Spinning Slash to knock him into the air. Link then dived down, the Master Sword's blade tip going towards Aaron. Understanding what his father was doing, he put up his own Hylian Shield, deflecting the blow. Both Link and Aaron put away their swords and shields, both equally exhausted. Zelda clapped as she came outside.

"How are my two favorite men doing?" she asked, pinching Aaron's cheek.

"Mom," Aaron complained, "stop it. It's embarrassing."

The three went back inside to rest up. Link consulted to his Game Mirror to check on his video game friends.

"I see Mario is as cheerful as ever." Link said happily.

Aaron smiled. Although he had seen his father's video game comrades once every year, he always enjoyed their company. Mario and Luigi always trained Aaron to jump high, Pikachu taught Aaron Thunderbolt through his bow, and Samus taught him how to properly use a shield. His mother taught him skills besides dueling with the help of her friends as well. Samus likewise taught him how to fly a spaceship, Peach taught him how to dance with a lady.

"Dad, can I head out towards the castle town," Aaron asked, "I've never been there, and I want to see something other than the wall pillars."

"Sure son," Link said, hitching up Aaron's horse, "how about you take your horse with you, along with your sword and shield?"

"Yes," he replied, "I get to ride Epona Jr. outside of the castle!"

After getting onto Epona Jr, he rode off into the town, where he hoped to explore a bit. Luckily, the Sunday flea market was in town today. As he made his presence known, the villagers bowed and got on their knees.

"What are you all doing," Aaron asked, "get up."

"You are the prince," a woman villager stated, "are you not?"

Aaron walked up to her, put his hand on her chin softly and replied, "Yes, but I don't want this kind of attention."

He got up and continued his sermon.

"You people see me as a god. I am no god. I am not even a king! So please, everyone stand up, and continue with your sales."

Hearing that, the people did what the prince said: they continued to buy and sell. Aaron smiled, looking at the bazaar from the top of a building. Then, Aaron spotted the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life.