chapter 12

Emma made plans to sleep over at Jen's after homecoming, planning on having a girl's day with her and Eleanor the next day.

"Let me do your makeup," Jen tried pushing Emma's hands away so she could get some blush on her cheekbones.

"Why- what is the point? It's dark outside anyway- no one can see it!" Emma exclaimed giggling.

"A girl puts her face on, for herself, not anyone else- you do it for yourself- now move your hands away."

Emma did as she was told, giving in, but secretly liking the fact she was up in her room with a friend playing makeup before going out, never really doing such a thing before today.

The light in Harry's room goes on and catches Jennifer's eye.

"Is that Harry's room?" Jen pulled away, pacing over to the window.

"I don't know.. never paid attention really," Emma shrugged. She got up and walked over to stand by Jen peering out at the room across of hers.

"It is Harry's room," Jen smiled, as they watched a tall figure with curly hair pull off his shirt tossing it onto the bed. Before Harry pulled on a fresh one he glanced out the window, stopping at the sight of the girls watching him. Jen waved at him as he took a step closer, saluting them with a wink and closing the blinds.

Emma's POV

"I can't believe he caught us," I claim as Jen parks outside her house. We were walking to homecoming since Jen lives close by.

"Come on, it wasn't such a big deal- I think," She laughs.

"Not a big deal- he's my neighbor and he closed the curtains!" I swat her arm playfully.

"I said I think, not that I was sure," She gets out of the car.

I roll up my sleeves thinking it was a bad Idea to listen to Jen and wear a short jean skirt and long sleeve shirt. I was hot for one, and uncomfortable in such a short skirt. I tuck my hair behind my ears as we walk up to Niall, Louis and Eleanor who were waiting for us at the entrance.

"Gosh Em- you look amazing!" Eleanor exclaims holding my arms away so she could have a better look.

"Did your dad see the way you left the house?" Niall asks hugging me briefly.

"Shut up Ni, she looks great," Louis punches his shoulder.

"So are we going to have fun or just stand here?" Jen inquires, tugging on my arm and pulling us through the gates and into the carnival.

"I want to go on the Ferris wheel!" Eleanor lets us know giving Louis a cutting look, threatening him to say otherwise.

"I would love to see this," Niall chuckles tapping Louis's hair as Jennifer and Eleanor laugh.

"Are you afraid of heights?" I ask him. Louis glances over and it's enough for me to know he will not be going on that ride with us.

"So Jen, I saw Dylan he asked if you were here," El smirks.

"That's nice," Jen waves the comment away.

"You know what- I like Dylan, he is really nice," I speak up. I really do like him, he seems to be a much better person then Tyler was anyway.

"Well here is your chance to tell him love," Louis points over to a group of people. I look at the direction his finger went, spotting Dylan, Nick and Harry. Just as I am about to tell my friends that I might really go say hi, this girl with short blond hair walks over and gives Harry a big kiss on the lips.