Chapter 37

When Harry got to the station, it was already dark outside. He ran up the stairs and threw the doors open as he barged in. 

"Sir, you can't go in there," the woman at the desk said while getting up to her feet.

"Yeah.. keep telling yourself that," Harry snapped pushing open the door to the chiefs office.

“Harry!” Dylan and Chief Horan called his name together.

“What are you doing here?” The chief questioned.

“If you’re going to question my best friend about something I am part of I demand to be there!” Harry clenched his jaw, folding his arms over his chest.

“Chief, I told him not to enter,” The officer from the desk finally got to the door.

“It’s alright Kelly, Harry close the door and sit down,” The chief ordered him.

Harry nodded, and closed the door, not before sending one last glance at the officer at the front desk, who was watching every step.

Emma’s POV

Sam lives on the same street as Jen which makes it easier to find. The street isn’t that long and only has a few houses since each house is huge.

I pass Jen’s home, and check the next house over. Once I get to the right house, I take a deep breath and walk up to the front gate. It is closed, and I am afraid I will need to talk to someone to let me in, if that Is the case, Sam probably won’t buzz me through.

I push the gate and it opens. I smile to myself in relief. I continue up the path way and to the front door. His house isn’t as big as Jen’s, but it is big. They have fancy railings on the side of the stairs leading up to the door, and the marble stairs are shiny and clean. When I reach the door I knock three times, taking a step back.

I am about to knock again when the door finally opens.

“Oh, hello there, may I help you?” Says a man in a suite.

Sam’s family have help?! He has a butler?

“Er.. Umm… Hi, I’m er Sam’s mate from school,” I smile at him nervously.

“Is he expecting you then?” The man looks down through his nose at me.

“Yes! We have this project we are writing together,” I explain, making it up as I go.

“Well, he hasn’t said anything about it,” The man looks as if he doesn’t trust me.

“Really? He kept reminding me about it all throughout the day, he might have forgotten then? But that isn’t like him is it? And it is quite important, since it’s 40% of our grade, and with trying out for colleges and it’s important to get a high grade and-“

“Very well,” The man cuts me off, sick of me blubbering, “He is in his room, follow me,”

I thank the man quietly and follow him into the house.

I climb the stairs. My footsteps echo and make me feel self conscious.

We reach a closed door with music coming from behind it.

“Well, I’ll leave you to it then,” The man gestures to the door and walks away, leaving me alone in the hallway.

I knock on the closed door, but he can’t hear me with the loud music.

I open the door slowly and enter the room. The room is big, similar to the rooms I’ve been in Jennifer’s home.

The room is a light blue, with a big bed in the center. There are two doors to the right, one I know is a bathroom, and the other must be a closet.