24: Flower Way

AARON'S POV

[2 days before EXO's promotional event]

I held onto the photo frame sealed with a family of us four. A parentless family, actually. What remained were 3 brothers and a dear little sister.

My heart ached at the memory of her. If there was one feature about her that I remembered by heart, it would be her smile.

She was only eighteen - so young, jovial and incredibly gullible. She meant a world to us brothers.

"You keep hesitating."

His stern voice cut me out of my thoughts and I placed the frame back down.

"Adam." I acknowledged my oldest brother as I turn around to face him.

"I warned you. If you can't handle the girl, I can."

"No! I'm onto it already. You can...trust me." I tried to convince.

The girl.

He was referring to Minzi. I honestly have no idea why he'd still bother targeting Minzi. Was it because she was involved with Jongdae? With EXO? Honestly, Minzi was a really nice friend, but if I hadn't stepped up to interfere this, I don't know what Adam would do either. Probably worst.

"No, you haven't been doing shit because that girl was your friend. D'you like her?" He interrogated.

"No!" I defend instantly.

~~~

It was true that Minzi was my friend, but the one that I fell for was Jasmine.

I know how much a bastard I am for intentionally getting close to Jas, but my intentions meant well. I thought I would be able to persuade Jas that nothing good would come if Minzi continued to hang out with Jongdae, but Jas was stubborn as a rock. She wouldn't listen at all.

As time progressed, Jas shared with me little stories about Minzi and Jongdae, how they were beginning to earn themselves a happy ending, if not for my family's interference. I felt sorry but powerless at the same time.

I don't have a choice, or should I say, my choice will always be my family.

~~~

He eyed me suspiciously, distrust written all over his face.

"For Celia, remember?" I added warily.

At the mention of our younger sister's name, his expression turned soft.

Yes, Celia is our dear little sister. I will never forget the devastation brought upon us when she passed away.

To be more precise, she committed suicide when she was under depression. She couldn't escape her own cage and we weren't there to help in her struggle. I still picture her bright smile...and often I wonder, had it been a forced one all these while? The guilt of being unaware the entire time tripped on the three of us, but Andy...

Andy drowned in it.

My second oldest brother, Andy, doted on Celia like no other. He showered her with all his love and had the closest relationship with her, compared to Adam and I.

However, in people's eyes, he had become the crazy guy who attempted the attack on EXO at the fan sign event. Nobody understood that Andy had an extremely bad past. Nobody understood why he reacted that way, but I did.

My family I addressed as 'parentless' had a truly terrifying past. It mainly scarred both my older brothers because they were the ones old enough to understand what happened then when Celia was 1 and I was only 4 years old.