6

A/N: I told my mom I wanted to get a job and she just walked out of the room. I explained why, which didn't really help.

Here's my reasoning: I know it's too expensive for PTX meet and greet tickets BUT if I get a job and save up, I can eventually pay for myself.

Yeah my best friend thinks I need to go to rehab for being so obsessed with PTX. I have a problem.

***

They decide to play music on the way to the mall. Scott let Mitch pick the song, so he put on Sweet Dreams by Beyoncé. They both sang along to the music until Scott stopped so he could listen to Mitch's flawless voice. They arrive at the mall after about 15 minutes and Mitch couldn't be more excited.

"It's most likely going to be crowded when we go inside. If you get scared or nervous, you can just hold my hand." Scott tells Mitch as they walk in from the parking lot. As soon as they step inside, Mitch grabs Scott's hand, anxious around all the strangers.

"Do you want hot chocolate?" Scott asks, trying to get the Omega's mind off of all the people. Mitch gasps in excitement.

"Yes, please, Alpha. I love hot chocolate." He looks up at the blonde with a big smile. They walk into the Starbucks and order their drinks. Mitch tells Scott he has to go to the bathroom, there's one in the store so he goes alone while Scott waits for their beverages.

Mitch does his business and washes his hands. Just as he's about to open the door, he hears an all too familiar voice.

"Mitchell, I've missed you." He turns around to see Carson standing a few feet away and freezes. Carson grabs Mitch's arm and pushes him against a wall, both wrists pinned on the wall, next to his head.

"I saw you with an Alpha. I remember him, he's the one that broke my hand." Mitch now realizes Carson has his right hand wrapped up.

"P-please let m-me go." Mitch pleads.

"I don't think so. I think maybe I'll keep you again. Maybe this time I'll mark you." He leans down and runs his teeth over Mitch's spot, causing the brunette's eyes to involuntarily go blue. Mitch takes advantage of the distracted Alpha and knees him, with all the strength he could muster, in between the legs, causing him to let out a groan of pain and fall to the ground. Mitch then runs out of the bathroom as fast as he can to find Scott, jumping on him (literally) in a hug. Scott stumbles back a step but catches the small boy regardless.

"Woah what's wrong?" Scott asks as he holds the shaking Omega on his hip. Mitch just whimpers and holds on tighter, hiding his face in the crook of Scott's neck.

"Is he here?" Scott whispers in Mitch's ear, feeling Mitch nod against his shoulder. Just then, Carson limps out of the bathroom with an angry look on his face.

"What'd you do, Mitchy?" Scott whispers once again.

"I kicked him in the baby maker." Mitch replies with a slight smile. Scott quietly high fives him and hides both of them behind a shelf of cups. He tries to sneak out, but Carson unfortunately looks in that direction as they leave, causing him to run after them.

He quickly catches up to them and stands in front of the pair.

"What now?" Scott asked, rolling his eyes. He wasn't worried at all, Carson was just getting annoying.

"You're holding something that belongs to me." Carson growls.

"He doesn't belong to anyone. He's a human being, who you abused and almost killed, might I add. You lost your right to care for him."

"Mitchell, we had fun times didn't we? Remember when you put on a show for my friends and me?" Mitch taps Scott's shoulder, signaling he wants to be put down. He fully turns to Carson and bravely takes a step closer.

"That wasn't fun, nor was it a show. You literally just made me strip naked in front of them and stand there for them to admire." Mitch tears up at the memory and looks away.

"You ungrateful bitch! I gave you a home when no one else wanted you!" Carson starts to raise his voice.

"You threatened to kill me if I didn't!" Mitch yells back, lowering his voice at the next part. "You're lucky my Alpha doesn't snap your neck right now."

"Your Alpha? It hasn't even been a week, he's not your Alpha, I am. After all, I am the one who almost put a mark on you. I'm the one who loved you." Carson smirks when Mitch's face falls.

"You were never truly my Alpha. Legally? Yes. But I didn't love you. Never have, never will. He is my Alpha now. Not you. You're nothing but an abusive, cruel person. Alpha Scott is my Alpha and there's nothing you can do about it." Mitch grabs Scott's hand before running out of the mall and to the car. They get in the car and quickly drive home, neither of them speaking until they're home.

"I yelled at him." Mitch whispered, eyes wide, after a few minutes of sitting in the driveway.

"You did." They sat there for a few more minutes until Scott suggested they go inside.

"Where's Toddy?" Mitch asks Avi when they walk in.

"He's down the hall in my room with Kirstie, I think."

"Well that didn't go as planned." Scott groans as he sits next to Avi.

"What happened?"

"He yelled at him?" Avi questions once Scott is finished explaining.

"Yes. He yelled. He rubbed it in that he's no longer his Alpha. He said 'Scott is my Alpha now and there's nothing you can do about it.' He also kicked him in the balls, so there's that, too."

"Damn that kid is brave."

"Tell me about it."