Chapter 24

It was in the late afternoon when Avi, Scott and Mitch arrived in Dallas. They got their luggage and then stepped out into the arrival hall.

"Who is picking us up?" Avi asked, already looking around.

"Mike" Mitch quipped, a grin on his face.

"Yep, my parents are so swamped with preparing everything for tomorrow, so Mike gladly offered" Scott explained and then pointed in one direction. "There he is."

He went towards Mitch's father, followed by his boyfriends.

"Mike! Hello!"

"Hello, boys! How are you?"

Mitch hugged his father first. "Fine, still a little stressed out from the promo tour, but I'm happy to see you, Dad."

"I'm happy, too, Son." Mike held him for a moment and then turned to his boyfriends, greeting them with a hug, too.

"Now, shall we? If we hurry, we might be able to avoid the evening rush" Mike replied. 

"That would be awesome, I really cannot wait to be at home" Avi spoke up as they walked over to the car park. 

"Me too. Are we staying with the Hoyings or at your place, Dad?" Mitch wanted to know. 

"You're going to stay with us, if your don't mind" Mike replied with a grin on his face.

"Never!" Scott spoke up. "Mum and Dad told me last week that they might need the room for guests. I offered booking a hotel room, but staying with you is even better." 

"Yeah, I agree. After all these nights in hotel rooms, with all the sneaking around only to be able to share a room, staying somewhere that we can call home is amazing" Mitch said. 

"He's right. I mean we got very lucky in Nashville, because we were staying with Esther there, but still. Until we're officially out as a triad, sneaking around has to do" Avi added.

The four men arrived at the car and loaded the luggage into the trunk before getting inside the car.

"So..." Mike asked once he had steered the car out of the car park. "You mentioned having to come out publically. Did you already plan anything for that?" 

"No" Scott, who was sitting beside Mike, answered. "I mean we have talked about it and we all know that we want to do it and we also agreed that we're talking about months and not about years until we do it, but right now we don't know how and when, so we'll keep it that way until we're ready."

"To be honest, I wouldn't know how to do this, either. I mean with us as your families and with your friends it was rather simple, you sat us down and explained what it's all about, it was personal. But with the fans and the public in general it's different, that's for sure" Mike replied. 

"I feel like there will be a lot of explaining we'll need to do and I am kind of opposed to having to do it, because this here is our private life. I feel like people sometimes think that everything we do is directly connected to Pentatonix, Superfruit or Avis project while we are more distant in this respect" Mitch explained thoughtfully.

"I understand what you mean, Son and if your relationship was one that would be perceived as normal by society, I'd agree" Mitch returned. "However, it isn't. It only is becoming something natural to me, but that's mainly because I took time to not only listen to your story, but also to do some research online in order to understand. And I am afraid, but there will be major backlash and you will have to explain yourself, no matter how you'll choose to come out."

"I know..." Mitch sighed. He fell silent and looked out of the window.

Mike recognised this in the rear view mirror. "You know that I will stand by you, no matter what. Always."