Chapter 5. The Winged Ones

The room was dark, and the floor felt as though it was grass. As I walked in further, a light flickered on. The room was massive, standing around four stories tall. The ceiling was sky blue,  and small birds flew from perches. A section of the ground was covered in water,  and another was small caves. A stair case led up to a room. The teacher, Mr. Pixz, was in his Lupine form, but had six legs instead of four. He looked up, and shifted as soon as he saw me. "Ah! Princess Phoenix! What a pleasure it is to have you here!", he exclaimed. I smiled and chuckled. Suddenly, a loud thud made me jump. As I turned around, I saw the jocks.

"Welcome back Corbin, and you too Antony!", Mr. Pixz smiled warmly. Corbin growled at me. "Why is she here? She has no business being with commoners.", he spat. I glared daggers at him, a low growl in my throat. Mr. Pixz shifted, and threw Corbin against the wall. "How dare you! Do you know who she is!?"

Ten minutes later, the rest of the class arrived. Everyone had split into groups according to what form they had. The Winged Ones were in a group of six next to the small pond. Me, a kid named Jason, Onyx, a kid named Herald, my friend Robin, a friend of Corbin named Jared, Jasper, Grace,(Corbin' s girlfriend) and Tinker. The Werewolves were close to the pond on the opposite side. Jonathan kept looking at me lovingly.

Mr. Pixz cleared his throat. " Tomorrow, I want four groups to practice shifting. These groups are; The Lupine group, the Werewolves, the Equin group, and The Winged Ones." When he was finished, I raised my hand. Motioning to me, I went to him. "Yes Princess?", he asked. "I was wondering if tomorrow I could race Corbin around the room.", I whispered. He smirked. "I know the perfect place!" I smiled,  and went back to my group.

(Skip to the next morning)
_______________________________________
BEEEEEEEEEEP!! BEEEEEEEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEEEEEP!!! BEEEEEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I groaned, blinking the sleep from my eyes, I looked at the time. It was 6:45. I was in my room in the boarding section of the school.

I picked up my hair brush, and started brushing my long red hair. Sighing, I thought about how easier it would be if I could cut it off. I looked around, and spotted a pair of scissors. Taking them, I cut my hair in layers, letting the loose hairs fall to the floor. Brushing it, I was satisfied with the results.

Twenty minutes later, I was dressed in a dark blue shirt, and black jeans. I had my black boots, and a dragon necklace. Grabbing my bag, I walked out me door, and to my friends room. Onyx was outside, in a loose hanging shirt, a mini skirt, and leather boots. Her long black hair was braided down her back. "Phoenix! I absolutely love you're hair!", she squeaked. I giggled,"Thanks Onyx!"

                      Three hours later
"And so, what did Frankenstein say to the first Shapeshifter? Does anybody know?",Prof. Ork asked. I raised my hand,  smiling. "He said that if he ever wanted a tan, to ask Frankenstein if he wanted one." RRRIIIIINNNNGGGG!!! The bell rang, and I hopped off to my next class, eager for what was to come.