c h a p t e r 6

katniss

The reception place isn't even that cute in my opinion. Okay maybe I'm just having a moment right now. I'm seated at the table with Peeta beside me, Aunt Lisa, my mother, my father, Kale, Primrose, and Paisley. Annie and Finnick were seated a few tables away. I use my fork to play with my food. I hope Thom doesn't cheat on Delly like he did with me.

"Katniss, are you okay?" Peeta asks, placing his hand on my arm. I whip around to face him, staring into those bright blue eyes.

"Yeah, are you okay?" My father asked, eyeing both of us. I nodded, taking a bright smile.

"Of course!" I exclaimed. Was I really okay? Of course I was, right? My hearts ready, it may not be healed but it's ready. "I need to get some air."

"Come on, dance with your dad!" My father stood up, his hand waiting. I took it, although I did need some air. Just something to clear my mind. We started to slowly dance, but I couldn't help but feel like I couldn't breath.

"Dad I really need to get some air," I stated just as my mother came up and took my place. I plodded towards the door until I saw Stanley Mccomb. "Excuse me. Hi, I'm Katniss Everdeen."

He whipped around a confused expression across his face, "Are you a buyer or seller?"

"Uh neither, I'm actually a designer Mr. Mccomb," I spoke and thought for a moment. "I'd like to show you my portfolio if that's okay."

"I've never heard your name before. I'm sorry, I'm just a busy man who tends to need the top designers to design my homes," he replied back with a cold reply.

"I could just start with a smaller property," I attempted to reason.

"I'm sorry, but no." A hand was felt gently across my back. Peeta. "Peeta Mellark!"

"Hello Stanley, how do you know the bride and groom?" Peeta asked. How the heck did they know each other? I stood there, confused as I tried to figure everything out.

"I play golf with the groom's father!" He chuckled.

"Sweetie, this is Mr.Mccomb," Peeta introduces when I'm about to interrupt.

"Stanley please," he told in a whole different tone than he had with me. "I sold Peeta his grand home then he sent some clients over to me."

"I was just telling Stanley about my designs," I piped in, wanting to be in this conversation. Peeta's hand trailed circles on my back to add a sense of comfort, and it worked.

"Oh yeah, her designs are brilliant. The best I have ever seen. She's amazing," he spoke, keeping his eyes locked in mine with a bright smile on his face.

"Well, I'd like to see what you have to offer, but for right now, my wife wants a dance." With that he left. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Peeta smirked with his hand held out.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea. May I have this dance?" Those baby blue eyes, how could I say no?

"Of course," I mumbled taking his hand. My family all smiled, sighing in relief. They want me to move on, plus they really like Peeta. Even though they just met, they hit it off. Peeta holds right on to one of my hands while the other hand is wrapped securely around my waist. My hand is held in his as my other is rested upon his shoulder. "You know, my parents have never liked a man I brought home that quickly before."

"That's really good news for me, you know if one day. . ." He trailed off as he spun me. I giggled after spinning, falling into his grasp. I was actually happy. Happy with Peeta. One day, I wouldn't mind sharing life with Peeta if I'm honest. But it's too soon. He dipped me as I threw my head back, laughing. "You know I'm not a very good dancer."