Part 5

I stared into America's deep
blue eyes. I was so thrilled to be able to call her my queen, my wife. "What just happened?" She asked excitedly. I chuckled at her enthusiasm. "I know, isn't it great? We're in charge!" We laughed. "And we get to do it together," she said. My reply was soft, "I wouldn't have it any other way."

We leaned in for another kiss,
and she wrapped her arms around me. We were wearing our ceremonial crowns, so I carefully placed one of my hands on mine to keep it from slipping off. America pulled back and snatched my crown off my head. "Get in here!" She said with a laugh. I laughed with her, and picked her up, squeezing her tightly.

She returned the crown, and
smoothed back my hair as she placed it on my head. "You make a great king," she said with a smile. I smiled back, "You make a pretty great queen yourself." She held out her hand as we approached the doors to the ballroom. "Shall we?" She asked. "After you my dear," I replied. She rolled her eyes. We smiled and thanked the guard the held open the door for us. I took her hand as we entered our party.

                      •  •  •  •  •

Once our wedding song
started, I beamed with joy. I still couldn't believe this was actually happening!  I grabbed my beautiful wife and we moved out to the dance floor for the first dance.

She leaned in close to me, and
snuggled her cheek into my chest. We danced slowly to the music as lots of eyes watched us with awe. Marlee was smiling, May was tearing up, America's mother had her arms wrapped around May, and Aspen was giving us a thumbs up. There wasn't a single person in this room that wasn't happy for us. And I knew there wasn't a single person in this room happier than me. Except maybe America.

She was holding me tighter
than she ever had before. "I love you," she whispered over again. "I love you more," I whispered back. I grabbed her hand, and started playing with her wedding ring as we swayed to the music. I liked seeing it there on her finger. It was visible proof of our love for each other.

As the song came to an end,
we leaned in for another slow, quiet kiss. When I pulled back America's eyes lit up. I was so excited for the rest of our life. It wasn't going to be perfect, but I didn't want perfect. I wanted love, and I had found it. This was really the start of something beautiful.