Chapter 9

Dustpelt's POV

I nodded, Sparrow took her paw off my mouth.

"I love you too, Dustpelt," she replied. "The Doctor would be angry if he came to get me and I had kits... but I'd really want to."

"Hey, it might be multiple moons before he comes?" Dustpelt meowed. "Even if they're still kits when you leave, Daisy could raise them and I've been a good father to my other kits. I'd raise them until their warriors."

"What worries me is... they'd be half Time Feline, meaning they'll have a chance of having regenerations. What would happen if they're in battle and get hurt and then in battle regenerate?"

"I promise I'd protect them."

Sparrow stared into my eyes, then nodded.

"Let's stay here for a bit," she meowed.

"Okay," I agreed.

. . .

When we woke up, it was sunrise. We were still at the lakeside. I wanted to stay there forever, just with her. Sparrow seemed to be the most important thing in my life at the moment. But did Ferncloud only want me to be happy? Or would she be upset that I've chosen someone new? I mean, Greystripe has a new mate in Millie since he betrayed the Clan with that pretty RiverClan she-cat Silverstream but Silverstream had been long dead. And Millie isn't an alien for StarClan's sake!

"There you two are!" Greystripe's voice interrupted my thoughts. "We've been looking for you everywhere!"

"Oh, Greystripe," I jumped to hear his voice. "We were just... hanging out."

Greystripe looked confused before nodding. "Oh, okay, do I need to leave you to that or?" he winked.

I felt my pelt burn with embarrassment. "I-It's not like that..."

"Sure it isn't," Greystripe winked again.

"We're coming back to camp."

"Alrighty, Dustpelt," he then raised his voice. "You two can stop looking, I found 'em."

Lionblaze and Bumblestripe came out of the bushes.

"What were they doing?" Bumblestripe asked.

"Just 'hanging out'," Greystripe replied.

Lionblaze nodded but Bumblestripe looked kind of sad. It was about Dovewing, wasn't it? It was obvious Dovewing didn't love Bumblestripe in the same way and yet they were mates, why? Dovewing's just going to break Bumblestripe's heart eventually by just telling him that it isn't working. Bumblestripe must be jealous that I've now got a better relationship than he'll ever have. He shouldn't be so forcing or annoying about it. I can understand why Dovewing doesn't want to be with him anymore.