Bonnie and Clyde

James POV

Life is a funny thing. One moment you're running away with your new girlfriend, about to become the new Bonnie and Clyde. The next she tells you she loves you for the first time, right before you're about to be ripped apart from each other and neither of you have any idea of when you'll see each other next. In that moment my feelings for Alyssa were 100% clear to me.

"I love you too."

I grabbed her waist and pressed my lips against hers. She kissed back in her sloppy yet cute way and wrapped her arms around my neck.

Alyssa's POV

Him kissing me first is a feeling I'll never get used to , but in the best way possible. Every time he presses his lips on mine I feel myself become more and more attracted to him. It's a surreal feeling I'll never get enough of.

"Alright kids it's time to go."

One officer took James, the other took me. Both going in different directions and I felt like I was being pulled into an abyss.

I was put into a cell with one other girl in it. She had olive skin , her hair was died maroon , bright green eyes, a few tattoos on her left upper arm, and an eyebrow piercing. I went straight to the corner and didn't say a word until she spoke to me . It wasn't very long before she did, she literally only took a few seconds.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"I'm Lucy."

"Alyssa."

"So , what're you in for ?"

"I'm an accomplice for a murder."

"Really?"

"No,I actually stole candy from a baby. Did it look like I was kidding?"

I figured if I am going to get stuck here I might as well make a name for myself and keep everyone at distance.

"I guess not but you don't look like the killer type. So how did you get stuck in a situation like that?"

"Is that really any of your fucking business ?"

"No , but I'm curious."

I like her.

"Look , I like you. You seem like a cool person but at this point I'm just not ready to talk about it."

"That's cool I get it, but Alyssa if you ever want to talk I got an ear to listen."

"Thank you , Lucy."

"No problem. I know you don't want to talk about it, but do you mind me asking who the murderer is?"

" It was my Boyfriend."

"Ooft sounds like a bad relationship if I ever seen one."

"Well then you haven't!James is the best thing that's ever happened to me!"

I can't help getting defensive about him. He's the only person in my whole life that hasn't disappointed me yet and I truly believe he never will.

"Hey I'm sorry , why don't you tell me about him."

"Where do I start ? At first he was really passive-"

"Aggressive ?"

"No just passive."

"Wow hard to believe a person like that would kill someone."

"Anyway these past few days I've spent with him I really got to see him grow as a person. He's done things that the old James just wouldn't."

"Like kill a person?"

"No , like make the first move and show emotions. I don't know but when I first met James he sort of reminded me of a robot or a corpse." I chuckled , it was nice to be able to talk someone . You know , like having an actual conversation and not an interrogation. Lucy nodded showing she understood and let me go on. "I know he really loves me , he's had his fair share of opportunities to leave if he didn't."

"Like what?"

"When he killed the guy , he could've just left us and get off with a clean slate and when we robbed a gas station he could've just drove off but he didn't."

"Wow sound like you guys are the modern day Bonnie and Clyde."

"Yeah I guess we are." I smiled to myself. "So what about you?"

"What about me?"

"What're you in for ?"

"I'm a con artist , I date people just to steal their money."

"Nice." I  say sarcastically.

"I know right." Lucy responds with a laugh.

James POV

I'm currently curled up in the corner of my cell not doing anything because my cellmate is an extremely large man who's rather intimidating. He seemed to be around his 30s , he had pale skin, blue eyes ,  short brown hair , he seemed to be around 182 cm(6 ft) ,and he was very fit. I hope Alyssa's doing better than me. After a few minutes my cellmate spoke.

"You don't have to be afraid of me , I'm not gonna hurt you."

"Okay."

"I'm David by the way ." He stuck out a hand for me to shake and I accepted.

"James."

David was surprisingly a lot friendly then I thought.

"So James , how did you get stuck in here?"

I looked down at my hands as I took a gulp, I didn't want to think back to that moment anymore. I didn't want David to judge me solely based off it either and I think he got that.

"You can tell me , whatever you did I'm sure it's not as bad as what I did. I'll tell you if you tell me . I promise there won't be any judgement."

"I killed someone."

"Me too. Who was it?"

"A bad man. He was going to rape my girlfriend."

"That's good . Not the killing part of course but that you protected her. Never stop doing that because one day she won't be there anymore." He started to tear up.

"Who'd you kill?"

"My wife..." his mere tears turned into hysterical sobs. "I didn't mean too. We got into a really bad fight one night and she was about to leave. I couldn't just let her leave so I grabbed her arm and whirled her into the wall , but the impact was too strong and she died right then. I killed her." He continued sobbing even harder. I didn't know what to do in these types of situations, normally when my dad got emotional I just kind of stood there and watched but that seemed wrong to do now. I'd hug Alyssa but he's not her and that might be kind of weird. I decided to just pat him on the back.

"There, there , it'll be alright."