**Seventy Seven**

My eyes trailed her features, one after another until it ended at her toes. Her smile was sweet but there was a warning not to trust her. The lemon green and pink salwar kameez she had on was pretty. Tresses of black hidden under a transparent dupatta fell down her back complementing her creamy skin. Silver bangles adorned her slim wrists. Her defined face made up to perfection. I shifted my eyes to the butler next to her.

“Assalamu alaikum” she greeted flashing her white teeth. Her perfume overpowered the air in the foyer.

“Walaikum salam” I said taking sudden dislike at her. I don’t know why but just have a feeling she was no good.

“Leonard” I heard Nani’s voice. Nani walked into the foyer. “Arzoo!” she beamed taking steps as fast as her legs could lift her.

“Nani” Arzoo grinned rushing to Nani. Okay, that made me dislike her more.

“Beta” Nani kissed her forehead. She took Nani’s hand into her hands and kissed the back before placing a kiss on Nani’s sagged cheek. “Leonard, keep her bags in the room the maids cleaned for her”

So they were expecting a guest. I did not know about that. This guest was beautiful which was kind of intimidating. With a sweet face, I knew I had to keep my guard up.

“Who is she Nani?” I asked.

“Noor, you are there? Meet Arzoo. Arzoo meet Noorie”

“Amir’s wife right?” Arzoo questioned.

“I sent her picture to you few days ago”

“Why will you sent my picture to her?” I asked displeased but still tried to be polite.

“I had to know the wife of the man I would be getting married to soon”

“Excuse me?” I got down from the staircase. “You must be mistaken”

“Nani, you have not said anything to her?”

“I wanted to but it skipped my mind” Nani answered.

“Are you both joking?”

“I am sorry Noorie” Nani walked closer. “I forgot to tell you. Amir would be getting married soon”

I recoiled at her words. She said it so easily as if it was something that was normal. She just told me Amir would be getting married soon and the words left her lips nonchalantly.

“Let that be a joke” I stepped closer knowing the effect of what she had just said had on me.

“It isn’t. I just arrived from Pakistan for the marriage”

“Shut your trap for now!” I snarled at Arzoo.

“You should not talk to me that way. We shall soon be mate and shall share the same man under the same roof”

“Oh please, dream on and Nani” I felt the anger rising inside me. “What trash is she talking about?” I was getting annoyed and my manners were going with it. God, please let this just be a joke. I tapped my feet nonstop on the floor.

“Noor, she just said the truth” Nani still had her sweet smile on. What an old hag! She just stabbed me in my back and can still smile.

“Arzoo” I heard Khala’s voice. There was a squeal then khala rushed to hug Arzoo. So she knew about this? I might just commit murder today. My head was growing up with rage beginning to flow through my veins.

Arzoo was led to the living room. These people have gone nuts. I clenched my hand. Joyful screams came from the living room from voices I knew. I could see something bad coming my way. Amir did not know about this right? What nonsense are they talking about? A second wife for my husband. That should be a joke please. I walked to the living room waited patiently for then to squeal and rejoice on Arzoo’s arrival before showing them how fanatical I could be. I could feel my blood boiling. When Arzoo settled down next to Nani who was so sweet to her, I stepped into the middle of the living room.