Chapter 15- The Match

"We will attack them with full force! Machine guns, Helicopters, Tanks, Ospreys, Predator missiles, everything!" I was pacing in the locker rooms.

"Woah, woah," Hesh, sat on the bench in front of me. "Slow down, Hails. It's not like that."

"Well why not?" I stopped pacing to stare at Hesh wildly.

Our relationship had changed. I felt he was my brother now, not someone I "liked"- like Keegan. Hesh understood where I was coming from anyways. I clicked with Keegan more than him. I called Hesh my Bro now and I absolutely meant it.

"It will be risking our mens' lives. Not only will they be in danger, but you will be too. When Rorke targets someone, he will stop at nothing to kill his target. That means you have a bigger chance of dying now. So for now, Merrick will talk it over with Commanders of the Marines," Hesh looked me straight in the eye.

"What am I going to do in that time?" I wondered.

"Something we do to get our minds off things that bug us are Matches," Hesh stood smirking.

"Matches?" I questioned. "Like fire?"

Chuckling, Hesh waved for me to follow him. "No, no. Like this."

Walking out into one of the small, separate gyms, I saw Logan and Keegan standing face to face in a boxing ring. Widening my eyes, I saw as they punched each other like hell. It had to hurt. And this was supposed to get my mind off Rorke?

"What the hell?" a small-built man with black hair grumbled from next to the ring.

Turning towards us, I saw a small scar going across the man's left eye. He didn't wear an eye patch and he still had his eye- luckily. His bright blue eyes seemed to stare into my soul and melt it. I kept myself from walking closer to Hesh so I didn't offend the man.

"Hey, Kick," Hesh seemed short with the man.

"Who the hell is this?" Kick kept staring at me with narrowed eyes.

I swore I had already met him. Maybe I'd seen him before, yeah that was it. I glanced at Hesh and he glanced at me back. My look said, "He doesn't know?"

"Why don't you go watch Logan and Keegan?" Hesh commented to me. I tried to protest, but Hesh ignored me and faced Kick, "Come with me." Crossing my arms, I pouted like an eight-year-old.

"Hails!" I saw Logan waving me over.

Turning to face him, I quickly saw Keegan punch Logan in the gut....hard. Dropping my mouth, I watched as Keegan continued to wrestle with Logan, pinning him to the ground in a matter of seconds. Running over to the ring, I gazed at them with worry.

"Logan!"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," came a reply from somewhere in the tangle Keegan had him in.

"Let him up!" I commanded and Keegan smirked then released his grip on Logan.

After getting up and dusting himself off, Logan commented directly towards Keegan, "Just because your girlfriend's here, doesn't mean you have to show off!"

"That was just skill!" Keegan smirked and then glanced at me. "And she's not my girlfriend."

Narrowing my eyes, I crossed my arms. The presence of someone behind me made my body tense. I glanced back slightly.

"Why don't you challenge Logan to a fight?" Merrick's murmur on my neck made me shiver.

"Yeah!" Keegan pulled up the middle rope for me to enter. "Let's see how Logan can take his girlfriend!"