TWO

Two | it's classified

"The tablet contains information on objects that S.H.I.E.L.D has recovered over the years and almost all of them are dangerous, hence the reason why they were locked up in the first place. Hugh didn't have access to them but he did have information on where they are and he's been selling them to people. I can't tell you what he sold to that man, but we need to recover the information."

"Why can't you tell us?" Wanda asked.

"It's classified," I answered.

"You can't tell us even though we are on this mission too?" Pietro asked,obviously not thrilled about the fact that I was keeping information from them.

"I'm sorry, Fury's orders."

I turned around and started walking out of my room to make sure everything was ready for when we had to leave for the mission in an hour or so. But before I could exit the room, Pietro ran in front of me, blocking my way.

"How come you still take orders from him? You are an Avenger now," he said.

"No, I'm not," I said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Pietro questioned.

"It's just... I'm just your supervising officer," I said, gesturing to him and Wanda. "Sure, I live here but... I don't feel like I'm really a part of this team. I'm still a S.H.I.E.L.D agent-"

"Wh-"

"-and I'm fine with that," I continued. "Publicity isn't really my kind of thing."

Pietro opened and closed his mouth a few times like he was trying to come up with something say. But before he could, I spoke again.

"We leave in exactly fifty minutes," I informed them. "Be ready."

***

Pietro sighed for the third time that minute earning a glare from Wanda. He pressed his lips in a thin line and started tapping his foot impatiently and Wanda let out a groan. I couldn't really blame him for being impatient -at least not this time because we had been waiting outside the house for over fifteen minutes now. The guard still wasn't convinced that we had been invited.

The three of us were dressed up -Wanda and I in dresses and Pietro in a suit- to attend an auction held at Rose James' home. Natasha had somehow managed to trace the buyer here and sent us to recover the information without him noticing. So, it was an undercover mission, one that the twins found exciting. However, the part that they definitely hadn't anticipated was having to wait outside the door for so long as the guard checked our fake ID's -he didn't know that- over and over again.

I pressed my lips into a thin line in frustration as the man smiled, allowing another guest to go past us.

"I'm sorry, but there seems to be a problem with your invitation," the guard said with a rather stupid look of confusion on his face.

There was nothing wrong with the card. He must have thought I was just as stupid and ignorant as the rich people marching up the well groomed lawn, wearing their best jewelry's and expensive dresses.

I crossed my arms over my chest and forced a smile on my lips as a couple walked past us and into the house.

"Henry," said a young man, probably only two or maybe three years older than me as he stepped out of the house. "Why have they been waiting outside for so long? Mother is very worried. Is something wrong?"

"There's some trouble with their cards is-"

Before the guard could finish his sentence, the boy grabbed one of our cards and checked it. "There doesn't seem to be a problem," he said to the oddly scared looking guard before turning to us. "Why don't you come in?"

He held out his arm towards me with one of those charming smiles that rich boys always seemed to have -according to story books- that made a girl's heart melt. I however, was already making a list of the many ways I could escape.

Unfortunately for me, this was an undercover mission and I needed to act my part out well. So, plastering an acceptable smile on my face I took his arm and let him lead me inside wondering why this was starting to feel a lot like one of those old movies.

I shot a glance over my shoulder towards Wanda and Pietro. They both had different -but equally hilarious- expressions on their faces. Wanda looked like she was trying not to laugh and I had a feeling it was because of Pietro's expression. He had a look of pure shock written on every feature of his face.

✳✳✳

Well, that was boring. But there's a possible chance that you'll see jealous Pietro which is kind of funny actually. And about the updates, I'm trying to have some chapters prewritten (it's working so far) so that I can update at least once a week. Updates are probably going to be on every Thursday or Friday, I'm not sure yet. But hopefully, there will be weekly updates.

Please consider giving a vote or leaving a comment to let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!!!