3 - Stuck With Him

Back to the couch you went, to casually explore the rest of the lair. Not the private bedrooms, but the public places.

They had a TV and video game controllers, comic books, the previously mentioned couch, etc.

You were poking around the TV when you heard someone.

"HEY, ANYBODY WANNA PLAY--huh? Oh, hi!" The orange-masked turtle flopped down on the couch. "What's your name?"

"Uh...F/n."

"Cool! My name's Michelangelo, but everyone calls me Mikey." He rolled over on the couch. "Whatcha doing?"

"Just looking," you said, "but I'll stop if it bothers you."

Mikey shrugged. "Naw. Might bother Donnie, though."

Donnie, you assumed, was the turtle in purple.

So now you had all of their names.

You stopped fooling around with the TV and controllers and awkwardly stood up. "I guess I'll go back to my room, then--" you started. At the same  time, Mikey said, "Wanna play video games?"

"Oh. Um. Sure. But I'm not very good," you added, sitting next to Mikey on the couch.

Mikey shrugged. "That's okay."

"I've never actually played video games," you elaborated.

"Even better!" Mikey brightened up. "I can teach you, then!"

You and Mikey began playing. You weren't very good at it, but you found that your thinner, quicker fingers helped you more than Mikey's stubby fingers helped him.

"Wow, you're gettin' good fast!" Mikey complimented you.

"Thanks," you said, smiling a little.

"Guys!" Leo's voice called. You and Mikey paused.

"Dinner!"
* * * * * * * *

Dinner was interesting.

They wanted pizza.

"But we can't just go up there and walk into a pizzeria!" Leo argued.

"Why not?" Mikey asked.

Donnie faced his younger brother. "Mikey, did you forget?! We're mutants!"

Mikey deflated. "Oh. Right."

"Well, I'm not eating algae and worms tonight!" Raph declared, smacking the table.

"Um...I could go?" you offered.

They all stopped arguing for a moment and looked at you.

"Why would you do that for us?!" Raph. Suspicious and hostile. Not like you expected anything more from him.

"It's dangerous up there!" This came from...Donnie?

"Cool, dudette! Can I come?" Mikey.

"You shouldn't go up there..." Leo.

They probably would've said more if you hadn't cut them off--rather loudly. "Guys...GUYS!"

They fell silent.

Temporarily.

"Look, I'm human. I won't attract much attention. It's just some pizza--I won't be up there for long. I have money."

"You have money? From where?" Donnie looked interested.

"Uh...it was in my bag."

"You still need some protection," Leo argued. "What if something happened? One of us will go with you." He looked at his brothers, and then hesitated.

"I'll go!" Mikey waved his hand enthusiastically.

"Mikey, I...think it's best if you stayed down here," Leo said casually.

"What?! Why can't I go?!"

"Because you'd do something stupid, shell-brain!" Raph smacked his brother on the head.

"Ow!" Mikey complained, rubbing his head.

Leo glanced at them. "Raph, you go up."

"What?! Why?!" Immediately, Raph stopped picking on Mikey and glared at Leo.

"You're always bragging  about how you're the best fighter," Leo reminded him, with a slightly singsong voice. "Now's the perfect time to prove it."

Raph growled, slamming a fist on the table. "Fine!" He stood up and stormed out, then paused and glanced at you. "You coming?"

You had a sudden feeling of dejá vù.

Is Leo putting me  with Raph on purpose? First, he carried me; then, he showed me to my  room; now, he's going with me up to the surface.

You glanced at Leo, who merely shrugged and gestured toward Raph.

You followed him.