23

"Basically, I really like you. You already know that. And I just wanted to make sure you still want to be around me after I tell you, because you need to know. I'm falling for you, Louis. I know we've talked about this, but you don't realize just how badly. Is that weird? Are you creeped out or anything?" He checks.

"Wow, absolutely." I joke. "No, but I'm really not. I'm, um, I'm starting to really like you as well." I admit. He smiles.

When he drops me off later that day, I can't stop smiling. Not after what he told me, and that I told him the same thing. His reaction keeps running through my mind. He smiled so big, his eyes lit up, and it didn't go away for several minutes after I told him how I felt. It was truly a wonderful experience. The most beautiful sight I've seen in my nineteen years of life.

I go inside and turn my music on to shuffle. Since I'm in a good mood, I might as well clean. I produce better results when I'm feeling positive. I start with the kitchen. As I'm halfway through the dishes, I hear the front door open and close. Then, Zayn comes into the kitchen, with his face red and wet. He's been crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, turning the water off and drying my hands.

"H- he said..." He's struggling to get a proper sentence out.

"Liam?" I assume. He nods. Oh no. "What happened?"

He takes a deep breath, but his eyes tear up again. I feel so bad for him, especially since I have no idea what's wrong and currently have no way of helping him. Plus, he's my best friend. I hate seeing him hurt.

"We got into an argument." He says, his voice low and surprisingly smoother than before. I frown. "And he said some things. I know that he didn't mean them, but I'm just upset about it."

I nod. "Understandable. What'd you guys argue about?" I question. My goal is to figure out a way to help him feel better until the two of them work this out.

"Jealousy. I got jealous over one of his friends. But, really, you should see how she acts around him! It's ridiculous! He says that he knows she likes him, but that he won't let anything happen. And I trust him, I do. It's just that... It worries me for some reason." He explains.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, Zayn. I truly don't think he would do anything with her, though. Not while he's with you. You're amazing. And he loves you. I can tell just by the way he looks at you and talks about you. He lights up when you're with him." I state. He smiles at me, a light blush coloring his cheeks.

"Kind of like you with Harry." He says.

"What?" I ask. I don't act the same way around Harry as Liam does around Zayn. I'm not in love with Harry. Sure, I'm crushing on him, but I don't love him like that. Not yet, anyway.

"You light up when he's with you. And you talk about him and just get this look in your eyes. You're falling for him, Louis." He states.

I sigh. Then I explain the conversations Harry and I have had about how we're getting feelings for each other. Zayn chuckles when I'm done.

"What?" I frown.

"He'll ask you to he his before the month is up. I bet you anything." He smiles.