Chaptee Three: The Dinner

Well, no turning back now. Welcome to chapter three. Trust me, it does get more exciting.

~Feels~

∆~∆~∆

Zelda killed some time by putting the loaner clothes back into the dresser. She hoped that when her stay here was over, she wouldn't mix up those clothes with her own and take some of them with her. She tried to color code them like they had been but failed miserably. Whoever this Revali guy was, his OCD would not be happy with this mess.

The clock on her nightstand said five. Mipha had said dinner was at five thirty. Only half an hour until she got to meet everyone else at the hospital.

Her mind kept going back to the boy from earlier, her original tour guide. He looked just like-

Stop. You're going to have another breakdown if you keep thinking like that.

She sighed. In the first five minutes of being here, she singled handedly managed to embarrass herself. Typical.

Pushing herself out of her room, Zelda wandered back to the Big Room. The bookshelves looked very appetizing, then again she hadn't done a puzzle in forever. Since before-

She chose the books. There was pretty much every genre minus horror. Thank Hylia for that. Her eyes and her brain couldn't agree on what to get, so she grabbed a random kid's book and sat down, in the middle of the floor, and read it.

The book was incredibly boring, but she had spaced out on the third page and let her mind wander. After several minutes, she shook her head and put the book away.

A loud bell sounded and startled Zelda. The clock said five twenty eight, so she went down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Dear, they're eating outside tonight," the cook said, politely pointing to the door that led outside.

Zelda blinked and thanked her, hurrying outside. She'd hadn't realized how warm it was.

All the other kids scurried to the table, obviously sitting in some assigned order. She saw Mipha wave to her and pat the empty seat next to her. Zelda slid into the seat, extremely uncomfortable under everyone else's watchful gaze.

A dark skinned, flaming red haired woman stood at the head of the table, calling everyone's attention. "Good evening, everyone."

"Good evening, Miss Urbosa!" Everyone replied.

Miss Urbosa smiled. "First and foremost, I'd like to introduce our newest friend. Zelda," she said, looking directly at her," would you please stand and introduce yourself?"

All eyes turned from Miss Urbosa to Zelda and she felt a spike of fear shoot through her. No. You can do this.

Shakily, she stood, trying her best to smile. "Hi, I'm Zelda Nohansen and I'm seventeen. Um, I like gardening and reading."

Miss Urbosa nodded. "And what do you suffer from?" She prompted.

"PTSD."

The kids at the table gasped and Miss Urbosa hushed them all. "We've never had a PTSD kid before," she said thoughtfully. "We'll have to do our best to help you adjust here. Alright, now it's our turn. I'll go first. I'm Urbosa Boris and I enjoy talking with teenagers like you and helping them through their illnesses. Now we'll start with Mipha and go around."

Miss Urbosa sat down and Mipha stood. "Well," she said, laughing a bit. "I'm Mipha Dorse, I'm eighteen, I like romantic novels and I suffer from social anxiety." She sat down.

One by one each kid stood, said their name and age, things they liked to do, and what they suffered from. Besides Mipha, there was Revali, who had OCD, Daruk, who had obsessive phobias, Midna, who was bipolar, Ralis, whose parents died when he was young, Agitha, who had a weird obsession with bugs, Shad, who was depressed, Tetra, who self harmed, and Ilia, who was anorexic.

There was another empty seat too.

After introductions were over, Ilia gave Urbosa a hard glare. "Where's Link?"

Urbosa's eyes flicked to Zelda for a fraction of a second before she replied. "He asked to be excused from dinner tonight," she replied firmly. "He said he wasn't feeling well."

Midna rolled her eyes. "Link hasn't missed a day of dinner in a year," she muttered.

Shad, who hadn't made eye contact with anyone until now, looked up at Zelda. "Maybe she had something to do with it," he said in almost a trance like voice.

The table exploded with accusations as fingers were pointed at everyone, not just Zelda. Revali and Tetra got into a heated debate about what had happened to him while Agitha and Ralis tried to calm them down. Miss Urbosa took a deep breath and snapped her fingers. Thunder sounded in the distance and everyone shut up and sat down.

"Link gave me a very good reason to skip dinner tonight," she said, glaring at Revali and Tetra. "Now please sit down and eat, I'm sure you're all just hungry. If you want to stop by his room tonight and ask him, go ahead, later tonight. Just please. No more yelling."

The teens did as they were told, each poking at their food embarrassedly.

This reminds me of the time that Dad got so mad at-

Suddenly Zelda found it hard to eat anything. It wasn't not wanting to eat but physically not being able to think about food without wanting to puke, almost like how Ilia had described her anorexia. Mipha noticed this and quietly told her, "If you feel uncomfortable, Zelda, you can leave."

Zelda nodded, excusing herself and going back inside to her room. She just needed a breather, a peaceful moment to herself before she went back out there and faced them again.

Taking a deep breath, she left her room but stopped at the top of the stairs, her head cocking. She heard faint music coming from the Big Room, so she moved away from the staircase towards it.

The TV was turned on and someone was playing Mario Kart, taking sharp turns and driving rather recklessly. Zelda hesitantly walked over to the couch in front of it.

The blond boy from earlier was gripping the controller.