| TWO |

☾MAY WE MEET AGAIN☽

• • •

      THALIA GLANCED DOWN AT THE TORN UP IMAGE THAT LAID ON HER LAP. In the picture showed her father carrying her brother. Beside them stood her mother as Thalia herself stood in front of her parents. Her fathers left arm was wrapped around her mothers waist. Each of their faces held a smile as they all looked at one another.

Thalia set the picture aside and grabbed another: this photograph in particular made her laugh. The boy in the frame had his arms secured around the girls waist, both flashing smiles of their own as they looked at one another with love and admiration. Thalia remembered the boy and the memories they shared with each other, ones she'll never forget.

• • •

"Come on Lincoln!"

The sixteen year old girl beckoned out for him to follow her into the green field that was filled with flowers that peeked out from underneath the ground.

The boy made no sudden movements but stay where he was at. He took in the scenery and moment that they were enjoying, not wanting it to disappear. This was their escape from everyone and everything. Just them two. No one else. They could be themselves here. This was where they confessed their love for one another. This was where each of their happiest moments together had happened.

Thalia noticed that he hadn't followed her so she turned around: a pout made its way onto her lips. "My love, is their something on my face?" She asks, her hands on her hips.

"Just admiring the view princess," he says, smirking as he saw her flush and look away but nonetheless he soon walked up to where she stood. His hands wrapped themselves around her waist as his chin rested on top of her head. The two watched as the sun was beginning to set. The sunset reflected onto the waves of the water making the environment around them soothing and calming for them to wander off with their thoughts.

Thalia closed her eyes and took in everything. She took in the smell of the salty ocean as its waves crashed onto a hill of rocks that was below them. Her ears recorded the heartbeats of Lincoln's that always relaxed her. She mentally noted to herself to remember the warmth and comfort she felt when around him. "I am going to miss this," Thalia whispers to herself, hoping he didn't hear, but he did.

Lincoln took in a deep breath and exhaled."I will not let them take you away," he answers, pulling her closer to him. He knew what was coming and as much as he tried to push the thought away, he feared today, reality would hit him.

"Lincoln, the decision has already been made. Hidaya will not give any second thought to this whatsoever," Thalia replied, turning around to meet his eyes that were already on her. She raised her hand to his cheek making him lean into it. "Lincoln-"

"No, do not start, please," he murmurs, tears brimming in his eyes. He knew what she was going to say. "This isn't goodbye." This couldn't be it for them. He refused to believe that this would be the last time they would ever see each other again.

"My love-" she starts but is cut off when he caresses her face and speaks. "I will wait for you Thalia."

A small smile made its way onto her lips. "I cannot have you do that to yourself Lincoln. I would never ask you to do such a thing."

"You won't have to," he replies, trying to stop his tears that desperately wanted to escape. "Because I know we're going to be together. We promised each other."

And that was Thalia's breaking point. The tears broke free from her eyes and ran down her cheeks. "Please Lincoln, please do not wait around for me. Live your life. Love another. Be happy. That is all I want for you."

"I cannot do that. You are the one for me," he chokes back a sob, seeing his love cry was a sight that he never wanted to witness. "When you return, I will be here waiting for you."

Before Thalia could muster up a response, the sound of a horses neigh caught her attention. She looked over his shoulder and saw her waiting. Her heart rate increased while her palms were beginning to grow moist.

It was time.

Anger fumed Thalia's veins as she saw the sickening smirk on Hidaya's face. She was enjoying her suffering much more than anyone. Thalia held onto Lincoln's shirt knowing that if she were too let go, she will no longer be able to hold him.

This was it, Thalia thought.

"Wait!" Lincoln grabs her wrist, as he sees' her take a step towards the woman that was taking his happiness, his world away from him. No matter how many times he told himself, he never wanted to admit that this would be the last time he will ever see her again. One last time, he cupped the sides of her face and pressed his lips onto hers. Tears spilled down from both their cheeks as they gave their final goodbyes through the kiss they shared.

Thalia was the first to pull away but Lincoln wanted to savor every last moment he had had with her. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders to which she melted into his warmth. The world around them melted away as they embraced one another, neither had the courage to pull away. This love that they both felt was one she craved and waited for. In his embrace, Thalia felt her mind in peace, she felt her worries escape as he held onto her tighter.

When they finally parted, Thalia felt the cold breeze of the wind rush through her, having her miss his warmth. Lincoln. placed one last kiss to her lips."May we meet again my love." His words hardly managed to break out as the sobs he was holding back chocked his voice.

And with that being said, Thalia began to walk where Hidaya stood, shutting her eyes as she heard the cries of Lincoln's echoing through her ears.

"May we meet again Lincoln."

• • •

AUTHOR NOTE

- I'm actually proud of how this turned out! The beginning is a little iffy but nonetheless, I'm proud!

Fun Fact: when I first started writing this book, I was going to have Thalia and Lincoln be brother and sister then I thought about it, and decided to put them as a couple, which I love, it adds a little twist to the story lol

Vote • Comment • Follow
-EVERYTHINTRASH