S07E02: Strange Feelings

"We gotta go." Scott said as he stashed his phone into his pocket, leaving Liam and Stiles to have clueless expressions etched onto their faces.

"What?" Stiles shouted.

"Deaton's back." Scott replied urging them to run.

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Pushing past the door, Scott ran in with a huge smile and leaped onto his boss and engulfed him in a hug. To Scott, Deaton has been and always will be a fatherly figure and so are many others and his absence worried him too a huge extent. 

"Hello Scott, nice to see you all in one shape." Deaton said causally.

"Where did you go and what was the important thing you wanted to tell us?" Scott exhaled deeply as he let go of Deaton.

"I recently went on an expedition to find a ra-" He was quickly interrupted by the booming thunder that scared all of them.

"Guys, this doesn't look so good." Liam slowly stated as he looked out the door.

"We found a bigger problem, the nemeton's gone." Scott said hoping Deaton would have an explanation.

"Gone?" Deaton said as his face furrowed. " This is strange, I went to China to look for a rare herb and they said their nemeton's gone as well."

"Wait, how many are there?" Stiles asked.

"In total, 7, one in France, one in Egypt, another in Greenland, Russia, China, Brazil and the last, here." Deaton said pulling up a map with red dots on the places he just stated.

"I've seen that before, in Gerard's lair." Stiles said, examining the map.

"You said you were looking for something, did you find it?" Liam questioned.

"Yes, I did." Deaton replied, judging by the looks of all three of them he continued, " And, no, I will not show you because it's incredibly dangerous."

"Well, can you at least tell us?" Scott asked.

Deaton sighed heavily realizing that he will not get rid of them. "Its called alba aconita legentis, which roughly translates to White Monkshood. Its similar to the other kinds of wolfsbane, however a sniff of this and even hells worst creatures will suffocate. But, it behaves quite differently towards humans, according to myths, it supposedly changes them. I'm not sure how true that is but I've read somewhere that it takes a little longer to affect humans." 

"Intense." A deep voice replied, they all turned their heads to see Mason and Corey walking towards them.

Liam immediately ran towards them and hugged with immense force that Stiles was sure he heard a bone crack. 

"But, I'm afraid Scott, I have no idea as to whats happening to Beacon Hills. We have to wait and see." Deaton stated.

"You mean the nemeton? Yeah, when Corey and I were -" 

"Walking." Corey interrupted.

"Yes, totally walking, not doing anything else, I mean... what was I saying? Oh right, Corey said that he smelled something strong and we followed it and he realized that it was the nemeton, but it was gone."