Chapter 3

A/N Thanks for all the reads guys :D but unfortunately no one gets a shout out at the time of writing this :( . How're you enjoying the story :D do you think it's better or worse than the last one? I like this better personally. The last one wasn't written very well at all! Sorry for the author's note and remember to be grateful for all the little things!

May xx.

0100 at Kate's house

Lilla was just dusting the lower down shelves when she heard the doorbell ring. Luckily she had found her wheelchair in the downstairs toilet so she wheeled over to the door and peered through the peephole.

Standing on the doorstep was a girl about Lilla's age, with short brown hair that was spiked up and a cool tshirt with metallic detailing.

Lilla opened the door to her and greeted her with a polite. "Hello. Who are you?"

The pretty girl grinned. "Hi. Nice to meet you, I'm Danika!"

"Good to meet you too!" Said Lilla with a smile, she noticed that the girl was carrying a parcel.

"Oh! This the food." She said, holding out the parcel suddenly.

Lilla took the parcel curiously. "The food?" She inquired.

"Yeah, Miss Arnett gets a food package every other day." Danika explained.

"So she even gets her food delivered to her!" Lilla almost laughed. The lazy little- .

"So who are you?" Danika interrupted Lilla's train of thought.

"Oh yeah!" Lilla giggled. "Um, I'm Miss Arnett's daughter."

"I didn't think she had kids!"

"I got here yesterday evening to stay for a while." Lilla said, because she didn't know when or if she was going back to be honest. "Are you busy or do you wanna come in for a minute? I'm tired of cleaning!" She asked politely. She hoped Danika could stay for a bit because she really was lonely and bored. She could do with a friend right now.

"I could spare a few minutes I supposed." Danika said, grinning.

"Cool." Lilla could barely contain her smiles at this.

Lilla wheeled to the side to let her new possible friend past and then closed the door.

They went to the kitchen. Danika could sit on the stools but Lilla would be so far down if she did that.

Lilla noticed Danika's dilemma and said. "I could sit on the stools with you if you help me up."

Danika readily agreed and offered her hands to Lilla. Lilla pulled herself up off the wheelchair and Danika carefully moved her hands to under Lilla's armpits to lift her up.

They were suddenly uncomfortably close. Lilla found herself wondering strangely if she had used mouthwash that morning or put deodorant on.

She could feel Danika's breath on her forehead, and strangely, she liked it.

But then the moment was ruined by Danika sitting her on a stool.

Lilla thought if there was ever a time for emojis in real life this would be it. Hers would be the sad one and the blushy one!