5. Sky

*SKY*

The week has gone by . Usual routine. That's what I hate about my life. Boring , routine life. There's no adventure , no new experiments , nothing. And , that's why I seek comfort in books. You see, it's normal to live a life like mine . A normal 'college-chik's life , minus the partying , drinking , hooking up with guys . Not only this, but most people lead this kind of life , right ? Don't they get bored of living the same dull life every single day ? Wake up, have breakfast, shower, go to school or work , have lunch , socialize, come back home, sometimes go to party, sometimes a movie, have dinner , sometimes  have sex , or if single then maybe do 'you-know-what , go to sleep , dream and again wake up to do it all over again , adding a few extra touches here and there ? There are  very few who actually LIVE the life ! You know , touring the world , walking down the alleys of France , capturing the moments in gondolas in Venice , Singing their heart out in some music festival, sky diving , soaring , bungee jumping , hunting , hitch-hiking, camping ! I am not saying that they are the only ways to live life, I am just saying they are a break from the dull everyday life ! A breath of fresh air ! And , I , DO need fresh air, like literally ! This room is suffocating ! God ! My chain of thoughts 'break' because the smoke , and the smell of  sweat is literally forcing me to go outside and take a DEEP breathe.

I force my way out . It's Friday night and I could easily spend it the way I usually do but I just wanted to go out for a night. Being in the roller coaster with Hazel Grace and Augustus waters for the past few days have been ...tiring ? Yes.  Great ! But tiring ! God , I cried while sitting in a  cafe for god's sake ! I didn't even realized till the old lady in white came to me and handed me a tissue box and patted my hair and said that they were closing ! I smiled awkwardly , sniffing , and thanked her . I just went home , I mean my dorm , and slept  it off. I have always loved John Greene , and THIS , right there , is......is... I don't even know what to say , but the moment ....No ! I scolded myself.  I won't think of anything that sort tonight. I just want to spend a normal teenage-y Friday night. What do they do ? Drink ? Dance ? Well, I AM in a local diner ! Blue Lagoon !  It has Food, Bar, A Stage where local bands or artists perform , karaoke nights and a PlayStation at a side AND a nice cozy couch beside a window with a fluffy blanket and cute quirk cushions , for a personal touch ! I LOVE this place. I have been here a couple of times since I have moved in NYC and Mark is a nice guy and he is the one who thought to add that little  touch to make his place different , special ! Mark is the owner, the owner's son , actually ! He is a cool guy and an awesome bassist. He plays in an indie band. Not too famous , but, they are good. The diner's not much famous because come on , New York has much much more bars and restaurants and nice places , but this is more like a cozy diner for those, mainly college students , who want a silent dinner or a place to be when homesick or heartbroken ! They have the best cocktails ever .

But tonight the diner is filled with familiar faces . Faces from Uni ! Not that I actually know them , but they are the same faces that I have seen staring at me , or sometimes smiling and nodding to acknowledge me , or in class ! And , believe me , it is too crowd-y to my liking tonight ! I HAD to come out . I  have literally pushed my way through the drunk crowds dancing asses! I mean seriously , its just 7.30 ! How can you be so drunk already to puke the Breakfast in someone's shoes ? Yes ! A guy just threw up on his Date's shoes , and she slapped him for ruining her jimmy choos and then stormed off . She is right on my heels though, cause the moment I lean against the wall , breathe in the 'fresh' air , she leans on the wall to the opposite side of the door and sinks down .  Is she crying ?  I guess she loved these shoes dearly ! I fish the pocket of my denim  sleeveless jacket and pull the cigs out ! I am not a regular smoker , just need it sometimes , like once a month or twice when I am too stressed out that even caffeine and Harry Potter won't help ! Marlboro ! I smile at the name .Gus and his metaphor ! I always stuck to this brand even before reading this book , so naturally you can imagine my excitement when I read about  it ! I light one and take a long drag before puffing the smoke out  . " Hey , um, can I .." I look at my right at the sudden voice . It's the girl ! I nod, " yeah , sure, why not . "