twenty one

Jessica

In the morning, I was getting ready for school, while Nikki was lounging on my bed.

As I slipped on my boots, my phone started ringing. "Hmm, revenge is a bitch, Jess," Nikki smirked, picking up the phone.

"Nikki don't you dare," I warned. "It's Austin," she waved my phone in the air.

"What are you going to do, answer it?" I asked. She shrugged, doing exactly that.

"Is this the famous Austin?" She answered. "Nikki!" I whisper-yelled.

"Jess talks about you all the time. She never stops," she smiled. My mouth fell open as I continuously whisper-yelled at her to stop.

"She's insanely in love with you," she continued. "Oh my God," I put my hands on my head.

"Okay, bye," she ended the call.

"Nikki!" I yelled. "Austin said he's outside," she handed me her phone.

"I will get you back for that," I said, throwing a pillow at her. She stuck her tongue out like a child, as I began walking to the door.

"Bye bitch," I smiled. "Bye," she waved.

I went outside, seeing Austin's car in front.

"I am so sorry, Nikki took my phone and answered," I immediately said.

"Answered what?" He asked. "Your ca-" I stopped myself, checking my call log.

A classic Nikki prank, that I should have, but didn't notice.

She called herself from my phone, faking the entire call.

"Oh my gosh," I laughed, leaning my head back.

"What?" He laughed. "Nothing," I shook my head. "She pranked me."

I pulled up my texts with her, and wrote a message.

Me
You ass

Nikki
Never forget my pranks Jess 😏

"Is this some sort of family rival type of thing?"

I laughed at his question. "No, we kinda just have a thing to ruin each other's lives without actually ruining anything," I explained.

"Are you still free tonight?" He asked. "Yeah, I am," I smiled.

"Austin," I began. "Hmm?" He questioned. "What happened to you yesterday?" I asked.

"The day before, I got annoyed and it led on to yesterday. I just wasn't having it," he said. "I'm sorry," he grabbed my hand.

"It's okay," I said. "But you can't be in a bad mood a few days before Christmas," I said.

He softly chuckled. "I'll try my best."

"Remember how I told you about the restaurant I wanted to take you to?" He asked. "Yeah, what about it?"

"I want that to be the first place I take you in the new year. To start it off right," he said.

"You know that you don't have to take me to a fancy restaurant to start the year right, right?" I let out a soft laugh.

"Yeah, but it's something."

I leaned over, and softly pecked his cheek.

We arrived at school early, specifically to hand out gifts before classes actually began.

I gave Kayla and Kyle their gifts, which were the best out of the rest, since they were my best friends.

I kept Austin's at home, knowing that I could find a way to see him on Christmas.

The day flew by, but wasn't bad at all. Most teachers were in a great mood and so was pretty much everyone else.

"I'll pick you up around seven, if you're good with that," Austin said, as he began driving me home.

"That's fine," I nodded. "But what do I wear?" I asked. "What you're wearing now is fine. Casual."

"So are you and Nikki finishing this prank war?" He asked.

"It never ends, that's the beauty," I laughed. As I looked out the window to see all the snow, a great idea came to mind.

"When's your family coming?" I asked him. "A few are arriving today, and some tomorrow," he said.

"I'm finally meeting my cousin's kid though, she's only a few months old," he added. I gasped in excitement.

"Seriously?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Why?" He chuckled. "I freaking love babies," I said.

"We can stop by my house after tonight if you want," he said. "Really?" I asked with hope. He nodded his head.

"Please do," I smiled, as he came to a stop in front of my house.

I leaned over, as Austin pecked my lips. "I'll see you later," I said, getting out of the car.

I went inside my house, where my family was scattered. One of my older cousins had arrived, and I assumed he was in the basement with Noah playing video games.

After the short conversation with everyone, I went up to my room, seeing Nikki asleep on my bed.

This was even better.

I slowly opened my window and grabbed a handful of snow, walking towards her.

"Nikki," I called. "Wha-" I didn't let her finish before slapping the ball of snow onto her face.

"Jess oh my gosh!" She sat up, wiping her face as I doubled over in laughter.

"I'm getting you back."

She ran to the window and chased me downstairs with snow in her hands. Our laughs and screams synched, until I reached the basement.

My cousin, Nick saw as I ran downstairs with Nikki still chasing me.

"Nick!" I yelled, running behind him. "What the hell are you guys doing?" He laughed.

"She threw snow on me while I was sleeping," Nikki said. "Really?" Nick asked.

"No," I lied.

"Yes!" Nikki defended.

I felt Nick shrug before he pulled me in front of him, keeping a grip on me, which allowed Nikki to easily shove the snow into my face.

"Nick!" I laughed. "It's only fair," he also laughed.

"What the hell did I just walk in to," Noah came downstairs, eyeing us weirdly.

"An indoor snowball fight," Nick said.
"Nikki being a b-"

"Woah there," Nick laughed, cutting me off.

"Okay are we done because I need your help with something," Nikki said. "With what?"

She gave me a certain look, in which I changed my expression.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"What was that?" Noah asked. "Deadass, you just looked at her and- nevermind, I won't bother," Nick laughed.

Nikki and I jogged back upstairs to my room, where she began explaining.

"So Angelo texted me earlier..."