13

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope the first month of the year is treating you guys well. I know it's been a long time since I last updated this story but I have finally completed it along with plenty others but I can show you better than I can explain to you with the stories I will be bringing back and the more consistent uploads with this particular story. I have been working hard with a small team of people on creating a website which will be a storytelling brand for women of colour. I want us to all be able to tell our stories and read books about women who look like us, who we can relate to or we can share some sort of connection with even if her lifestyle is completely wild lol.

The aim is to tell a range of diverse stories in a variety of formats incorporating different storytelling elements such as blogging, fiction, video, audio and print. There I will also have all my old stories refreshed, polished and completed for you to enjoy such as WJMK and All Rights Reserved as well as several new ones. But for now, until the site has launched I will be posting some of the stories here. You can also get a few ebooks of your choice absolutely free closer to the launch date if you subscribe to the site here: www.paigevahla.com and loads of other cool shit. It feels so good to be back and I hope you guys enjoy this extra long part of The Pursuit!

13.

My eyes lingered on the entrance of the bar trailing after Olando and the girl he had his arm around. I was so preoccupied racking my brains trying to place the girl's face in my memories that I forgot to respond to Rich's question.

"So, you're just going to ignore me now?"

"Huh?" I gazed up at Rich distractedly who then nodded at my phone.

"Who is Terrell?" he demanded again. "And why does he keep calling you?"

"No one." I reassured him before hurriedly suggesting, "Let's go inside," I began to walk ahead but Rich stopped me on my tracks by placing his hands on my arms with a firm grip. I glanced back at him quizzically.

"So, you've got next man calling your phone in the middle of the night now?" he spoke in a lowered voice while his eyes lasered into mine disapprovingly.

"So, you're just randomly booking hotel rooms?" I shot back accusingly.

"I booked it for us," Rich swiftly responded.

"You didn't know I was coming," I pointed out unconvinced.

"I know you better than you think I do." He assured me as he brought me closer to him once more. My body stiffened in response to his touch as my stomach churned with uncertainty. I had been silly enough to believe Rashan wasn't seeing anyone else I could not be that foolish this time around with Rich.

The brief silence that fell upon us was broken by another phone call. I felt Rich's chest rise and dip as he exhaled deeply demonstrating his irritation. In that moment, a flash of panic struck me as I wondered whether Terrell was okay. My thumb hovered over the touch screen of my phone as I contemplated whether I should answer or not just as Rich asked, "Are you sure you don't want to answer your phone?" I registered his challenging tone causing my eyes to flicker up to meet his.

"Yes." I answered firmly as I placed my phone into my clutch snapping it shut loudly.

"He seems really eager to talk to you." he regarded me carefully. "How many other guys are you entertaining other than me?"

"Excuse me?" I spluttered.

"You heard me."

"I don't need to answer that," I reminded him. "I'm not your girl."

"Of course, you are," Rich said appearing to have taken umbrage to my remark. "You should know you're mine."

"I'm yours?" I repeated carefully.