Chapter 1

A lot had changed in the almost three years since the battle of Mission City. It seemed like the small group had all gone their separate ways after high school- some even before.

Sam hadn't doubled up like Casey had so he graduated two years after Mission City alongside Mikaela. He had asked Mikaela out just after the battle and had already been dating prior to the last time the humans and the Autobots had all been together- the night on the hill overlooking the town. He had also been able to get accepted to the college he had wanted to go too, with a rather generous scholarship for his academic standings. His relationship with Mikaela was nearly three years strong. They had never been happier- well except for their stubbornness of not saying "I love you" first and that Mikaela refused to go to college with him. Bumblebee had stayed with him and lived in the garage when they weren't hanging out. Life seemed to be perfect for Sam.

Casey had been able to graduate a year after the battle of Mission City with flying colors, which lead Casey to hold her flying colors over Sam with bragging rights her mom Judy said she earned. On the relationship side of things, Ironhide and Casey had been dating for 2 years and 11 months since they started dating practically the next day after the kiss on the hill. Ironhide had wanted to make it special, with the help of Riley and Mikaela, they were able to put up fairy lights in the tree and make the same hill they shared that kiss, into a magical world. Casey, of course, said yes, and at the end of the night they looked like a prince and a princess dancing in the moonlight. They did have their light bumps in the road, not big fights but silly ones such as Ironhide making fun of Casey's height. Her being 5'1 and him being 6'2, making him have to grab the Oreos from the top shelf for her, but at the end of the day Ironhide would always make it up to her, by making dinner and setting up the couch for movie night, as a sorry for making fun of her height. To put how much they loved each other simply if the world was set aflame Ironhide would never let a flame touch, Casey. And Casey would always put him before herself, whether it meant getting hurt or almost dying, Casey would always be the one willing to sacrifice herself to keep him safe, though it's admirable it drives Ironhide insane. She was also accepted into her dream college so she could study criminology to become a detective. The college she was going to that started 2 weeks after Sam, let first years have cars which she made her ecstatic about being able to have Ironhide there with her.

Mikaela had been left to help her father on her own since her dad got out of prison and Riley being in NEST. She ended up graduating high school alongside Sam, second in their class to be exact, and getting many offers of full rides from colleges all over the country. She, however, declined all of them. College wasn't in her plans. What was in her plans: get her dad back on his feet, help him run the shop until then, and join Riley working for NEST. Lennox had offered both sisters position on the team after seeing them fighting alongside his team and the Autobots at Mission City. Mikaela had chosen to accept but wait until she graduated and had her Dad settled back into civilian life. While her relationship with Sam wasn't perfect and it caused her to lose all of her old so-called friends she didn't regret saying yes for a second. Sam treated her better than any guy- except her father- ever had and he genuinely cared for her all around and even looked out for Riley too, treating her sister as his sister he cared for and loved as one. While her life wasn't perfect, she was at least happier than she had ever been.

Riley, when Lennox offered her the position at NEST she immediately agreed. Once everything had been set up for the new team the fall following Mission City, Riley packed her bags, said her goodbyes, and flew out to Diego Garcia alongside Lennox, Epps, and the other soldiers from Mission City. She left before her father came home before she had really gotten into her relationship with Bumblebee before she could even finish high school. She finished out her GED on base in between training and missions and meeting and "graduated" in the early spring after she had left. At first, Riley had come home often to visit and spend time with everyone, this was when the only time she and Bee got for a long while. Then she slowly started coming home less and less often until she didn't come home at all. She eventually stopped picking up the phone when people called as well. Casey still calls at least once a week and left voicemails filling her in on life back home. Bumblebee had tried to call for a while but he soon got discouraged and eventually stopped, sinking into sadness in the Witwicky's garage instead, thinking she stopped loving him. Mikaela stopped trying long ago, planning to chew her sister out when she arrived on base herself. Mikaela had told Casey her plan on chewing out her sister, Casey had tried to warn Riley over voice messages saying "If you don't want to be embarrassed by your sister chewing you out on the base, I suggest you come home soon." Riley never came home. She never even answered.