THE PROTECTOR: R.L

Remus Lupin was a calm student from Gryffindor, with a brilliant man and a heart of gold

Remus Lupin was a calm student from Gryffindor, with a brilliant man and a heart of gold. He sometimes tended to be confused to a Hufflepuff if it weren't for his red and yellow tide saying otherwise. Which is the reason why now the Marauders were trying to pull him off a much older student who had been embarrassed you to bits.

It wasn't the first incident. The first time it had happened, he had didn't saw the student deliver the words to you, but the aftermath. He had been sitting on one of the halls watching James and Sirius wrestle each other. Then he spotted from a distance, holding your head high as you attempted to hide your tears.

So of course he ran after you. James and Sirius didn't even saw him disappear, too consumed on who was the 'mightiest' of them all. You really attempt to hide your tears when you saw someone catch up to your steps even more.

"y/n." Remus called out to you, stopping you on the tracks. He frowned, seeing trying to hide the hurt.

You know the words that were told to you were lies, but that didn't stop them from hurting you. Then you saw him take a step back, seeing you unsure of him. "Hi..." You sadly said to him. Then he pull out a handkerchief from his pocked and handled it to you.

You almost broke down crying to the gesture. Then you took a seat next to him on one of the window seals in the hall. "I am okay..." You tried to lie, but Remus could see through it.

"Okay." Remus said kindly to you, then he remained next to you until you breathing went back to normal. In return Remus showed you the book he was reading. This seemed to lift your spirits up.

Sirius and James stopped when they finally spotted their friend talking passionately about the contents of the book, while you listened carefully to him. James was about to intervene, but Sirius stopped him from doing so. Instead they watched until you spotted them from a distance. You bid Remus goodbye and took your separate ways .

You always were to find an excuse to be near Remus, and he did as well. Especially since he appreciated the calm that you bought with you. You were fair, fierce and most importantly kind. A kindness that made him fall slowly with you. It was the same calmness that allowed you to tame Sirius when he was out of control, because even him felt guilty.

With time, you and Remus fell in love almost like the universe was bringing you both together. It was while dating you that he witness the second time the student had made you cried before did so again. This time in front of him.

"What you doing mudblood? Dating out of your league?" The student said to you. Then turned to Remus who was patiently standing beside you, watching the whole thing unfold. It didn't helped that you had an awful week, being taunted non-stop and failing to succeed in your school work.

Of course Remus was more than happy to help you out if needed. But that didn't meant you weren't feeling the constant hits of the hurtful comments. Remus didn't know how often the awful week had been because you 'didn't want to bother him'.

But this time you weren't alone, and Remus was quick to step in. "Watch it! Git..." Remus told, stopping while you tried to continue walking.

"But it is true....you can do better with that face of yours." The student said to him.

"I am." Remus said to them, before turning to you. You pulled him away as he debated whether to deliver the bitter words to them. But you kind told him otherwise and took off with him. For the next couple of weeks Remus didn't held back on the hugs, the kisses, and the hugs, all to remind you that you were loved.

The third instance happened once more in the halls of Hogwarts. Now this will be the last time bothered you. You were on your fifth year, and Remus did lost it on this one. After you have defeated your opponent – the annoying student who wouldn't let you go.

It was Severus Snape's idea to ask him to fight you, knowing you will win. He wouldn't have suggested it if not. But he seemed to missed his calculations because you defeating the fellow student caused them raise again to bother you once more with more intent.

Remus took out his wand and stunned the student while you turned to face him. Your back was turned, so how could have you noticed it. Everyone else got quiet, seeing the seething Remus loose it.

The opponent tried to standing up, and Remus had already his wand down the person's chest. Since the fellow student knew he couldn't stand a chance against him with his wand, he tried another way. The student drew a hand back and punched Remus on the face.

You watched in horror, trying to intervene, but it was recommend you didn't by James and Sirus who just watched Remus fist fight with the student. Everyone was frozen seeing the seemly collected Gryffindor defend you. He was winning!

Sirus watched quietly the incoming professor and with the help of James, you, and even Severus, you all pulled Remus away. Even them he seemed like he was about to jump off against the student.

The student looked frozen, his pride wounded more than his body. "Bother them against...utter one word....We will have more than a fist fight." Remus said to him with a deadly glare.

Remus was pushed by you and his friends away from the scene. He didn't got in trouble, since no one wanted to test him ever since that day. When Professor McGonagall came to questioned them once they took off, she couldn't say anything. Deep down she knew the boy deserved it.

Sirius, not wanting Remus to get in trouble roughed up his appearance with the help of James so it seemed that Remus had been wrestled with him and not the bully. You stood frozen, analyzing how worked-up Remus had been for the incident.

Then when McGonagall was gone, you pulled him into a passionate kiss. Thanking him for stand up, for being your ally, your partner when everything else seemed to fail, and most importantly, for having your back. Sirius shared a look with James, quickly spotting the blush appearing on Remus's cheeks.

Then James pulled Sirius away, as you continue to pour all into your kiss. To remind Remus you were thankful for what he did, for everything. Remus pulled away, looking down at you. Instead of expecting tears, all you did was smile brightly at him. "Thank you." You whispered to him, putting your arms around his shoulders. "I love you....thank you." You mumbled to him, kissing him again and again.

Sirius and James didn't saw Remus until that afternoon. But he had a bright smile to him, despite the busted lip from his earlier fight. You watched him from your seat, sharing glances during dinner. No matter what others said, Remus couldn't remove the smile on his face and neither could you. Because Remus was your friend, the person you loved, and most importantly your protector. 

∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷

A.N// I AM NOT GOING TO LIE, I THOUGHT THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ONE-SHOTS I HAVE EVER WRITTEN.  I SAW AN INTERVIEW RECENTLY WITH ANDREW GARFIELD FOR PRESS TOUR IN TICK TICK BOOM (WONDERFUL FILM BY THE WAY. PLEASE WATCH IT IF YOU CAN) AND HE GOT ASKED IN WIRED MOST SEARCHED QUESTIONS: ARE YOU IN HARRY POTTER. AND I KNOW FOR FACT THAT ANDREW HAS DIVE DEEP INTO OUR HARRY POTTER FANDOM BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT WE ALWAYS CHOOSE HIM AS THE FAN CAST FOR REMUS LUPIN. 

BLESS HIM, HE IS THE BEST. 

- Ami