Hashirama POV

This chapter has been edited and ameliorated by blackdarkgalaxy. A huge thank thank you for that person. :)

----------------------------------------

Hashirama POV

I fell in love at first sight with Madara when we were young. He is my muse, the reason why I built Konoha and yet I have to marry Mito for the sake of strengthening that village. I had to sacrifice the love of my life for it. Of course I had been against it at first but Tobirama told me that if I didn't marry Mito, Konoha would be in danger seeing as the other kage want to destroy the village which I worked so hard to build. It's obvious due to the other villages sending out assassins almost everyday. I don't mind if they hurt me but I am worried for Madara. I know he is strong but I can't bear the thought of him getting hurt. If I have to sacrifice my happiness to ensure Madara's safety then I will do so even if I hurt him by agreeing to the marriage. However I would have never thought that this idea might lead me to losing him.

I told him hurtful words that night. I was in pain feeling as though I couldn't breath but I had to be emotionless. I had to be cold.

"You know it's hard for me to say this and I know it sounds selfish but....I have to marry Mito to ensure the safety of our village. It would be a solely political marriage, of course, so my heart will always belong to you...it's just that it would be bad if the Uzumaki clan found out about me having an affair with the Uchiha clan leader. That's why I need to break up with you. Please forgive me"

Those were the words I told him. He looked impassive and didn't say a single world. However, I knew he was hurt, he may look emotionless but his eyes will always betray him. Madara never loved being vulnerable in front of people. I didn't dare to look at him in the eyes because I was crush by guilt, I couldn't bear seeing him miserable like that so I simply look away .For the second time in my life, I feel powerless. The first time was when Madara had ended our friendship at the river back when we were younger. I hadn't been able to do anything but to watch him leave with his father and brother. Now, I was unable to comfort him and instead had to watch him leave without looking back. When I was sure he was no longer here, I destroyed everything that there was in my office. There was nothing else to do for me but to cry silently in this chilly night.

The next day I heard from Tobirama that Madara had left the village the previous night. I felt numb. It was predictable that he would leave after what had happened but it still hurts. If that was what it takes to keep him safe though, then I won't regret my decision.
Two weeks later, Mito and I got married. She was a beautiful and intelligent women but my heart would never belong to her for I still only love Madara. I had not stepped into our room nor have I slept with her. Instead, I bussied myself with paperwork and spent the days working in my office. Sometimes, I found myself wondering about my angel, about my love. How was he doing? Was he safe? Did he have a new lover? That thought made me freeze. No, he couldn't... I was being selfish. I was the one to break up with him and yet I don't want anyone else to have him. The mere thought of it made me incredibly jealous. What if someone else was touching my Madara? What if they get to kiss my baby's lips tasting like sweet dango? I was overwhelmed by jealousy. If someone other than me was touching my baby, I was going to make them suffer. I would cut off all their limbs and rip out their eyes. The thought faded quickly though due to Tobirama entering my office to tell me something I could've never imagined.

"Aniki, Madara is coming to take revenge on Konoha!"

I couldn't believe it, did what had happened affect him enough to make him want to destroy our village?

"I will try to negotiate with him", I replied.

"You can't. He won't listen to you. He has lost all reason and is an insane man now. Are you going to just let him leave?!"

Tobirama was screaming at me but I didn't care.

"If it makes him feel better then I don't mind."

"YOU IDIOT! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?! THE REASON YOU BUILT THE VILLAGE WAS TO BRING PEACE SO THE CHILDREN WON'T HAVE TO DIE ANYMORE! Don't forget that because of this Uchiha scum that we lost ou..."

"ENOUGH!" I interrupted him "don't forget that we also killed Uchiha during the war."

Tobirama could no longer stand my stubbornness so he left after telling me that he would kill Madara should I refused to do it. I was mad but if Madara had to die then I would do it. That thought scared me. How insane I had become since I lost my lover.

xXx Time skip xXx

The negotiations failed. The following battle lasted 3 days and 3 nights. We fought, bled and used up all of our chakra until I killed Madara with a broken katana. I couldn't believe it, I had killed my angel. During the battle, I was scared to kill him so I killed my emotions to appear as though it did not bother me. I thought that, if I managed to capture Madara, I wouldn't let him leave me. I would put him in a cage where he would only need me, would love me and adore me. I miscalculated however. My intention was to hurt him but I killed him instead. I wanted to heal him but my chakra was so dry, so I could only pray, I was praying to any god or any person that could save my once lover from death. Unfortunatly, the light in his beautiful eyes was slowly fading so I could only ask him to forgive me, to love me again. I wrapped him in my arms despite him closing his eyes as though he didn't want to see me. I kissed his lips which made him open his eyes again. I felt whole, like I was complete once again even though it did not last long. I saw how disgusted he was by the kiss. I saw how his once loving gaze was no one full of hatred, rage and distrust. I couldn't bear it, couldn't say anything. Only my tears were falling, to express all of the words couldn't say . Did he really choose to forget everything we had? It hurt, my tears were mixing with the rain. He was leaving me alone in this world. I would never be able to forget his gaze so I hugged his lifeless body tighter.I was the only one to blame for this tragedy. If only I could return to the past, I would choose to give everything. I would just run away from everything with my love. The only thing I still feel is regret. I am now nothing but a shell of my once proud self of the past.

The end

Hope you like the story.