Chapter 2

Everything is fine.

Everything is fine.

It's not like the person you hate has become best friends with your best friends.

And your best friend didn't make the person you hate friends with your best friends.

Except he did.

Nothing is fine.

Nothing is fine.

Shiro stared straight toward me.

'Sorry,' he mouthed, shrugging.

The rest of the day went on okay, other than the simple existence of Lance McClain.

I watched the table closely for the next three hours, until my shift ended. I tried to burn through the table cloth around halfway through.

As soon as my shift ended, I grabbed my phone, keys, wallet and began to speedwalk through the door.

"Wait! Keith! Aren't you going to hang out?" Hunk asked, yelling as I began to leave.

"No, sorry. I have a ton of homework," I replied, trying to make my voice sound sorry.

But really, I just wanted to get out of here.

Away from everyone.

I jumped in the front seat of my car, and turned on my Pandora.

'Mama' by My Chemical Romance played loudly through the speakers, drowning out all noise.

Including my thoughts.

Drowning out all negative thoughts.

As soon as I got to my apartment building, I turned off the car and ran inside.

Why did everyone like Lance?

Or why don't I?

Locking the door behind me, I sighed.

Why can't I keep anything together?

I sat down on the loveseat next to the window.

And cried.

Cried until I felt okay.

I'm so unbelievably stressed.

Standing back up, I went to make myself something to eat.

Looking in the fridge, I remembered that I didn't go get groceries yesterday.

I'll just go get them tommorow.

Crawling into bed, I turned on my Pandora.

Letting the music flow through my head, I let myself slowly fall asleep.

'Things have changed for me
And that's okay.
I feel the same,
I'm on my way,
And I say,
I want to go where everyone goes,
I want to know what everyone knows,
I want to go where everyone feels the same."