Dancing in the Rain

This was a collab with my friendo ACD221B

It was my first ever collab so yay!

ACD221B: It had been hot. So, so hot recently. So much so that grass looked yellow and dead, and people were just lazing in their living rooms, praying their aircons wouldn't give out.

In one of these living rooms, in a flat in London, Dan Howell and Phil Lester sat, well, "lounged" would be a more accurate description. Phil was sitting with his back straight, and his glasses on, frowning slightly at his computer screen. Dan was quite literally melting off the couch, his back in the sofa crease and his legs dangling down to the floor. His eyes had a sort of glazed looked that happened when he'd been on Tumblr too long.

The aircon gave a beep that had both their heads lift in unison.

"Shit," Dan muttered, "don't tell me the aircon just gave out. If it did, we're dead."

Phil stood and walked over to it, scrutinizing the little screen on it carefully.

"No, all appears to be in order, I think it was just busy reporting a change in temperatures or something?" He raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "While I'm up, I think I'm going to head to bed, its pretty late... or should I say... early? Ayyyyyy." He winked and did finger guns at his joke and picked up his laptop, kissing Dan on the crown of his head as he walked past, not noticing when Dan froze up in shock.

"Night, Dan."

"Nini, Phil."

*~~~~~~~~~~*

The next morning Phil awoke with a groan, half expecting to be drenched in sweat, but was quite surprised when he wasn't.

"Hang on a minute."

He sat up in shock and strained his ears, soon realising there was a drumming noise on the roof.

"Ohmygoditsraining!" He yelled in an exuberant rush, and stood up in his bed, the covers falling away.

"It's..." He jumped on the bed as high as he could on the flat, lumpy, mattress. "...raining!" He laughed with glee, jumping all the while until he heard a cracking noise and his foot hit the floor.

"Oh... dear." His jumping had been so energetic he'd broken one of the slats underneath it. He shrugged. Far as he was concerned, the next person who inherited this crappy flat had to deal with it.

Deciding he'd destroyed his room enough, he jumped down off his bed and went running to Dan's room.

"Dan!" He said loudly.

"Dandandandan!" He singsonged, and got no response.

"Fine, you brought this on yourself...!" Phil threatened, and climbed on his roommate's bed.

Me: Dan let out a short yelp, his eyes opening wide as he felt the bed move next to him. "Phil? What are you doing? It's way too early for-" He mumbled, ready to ignore his roommate and just go back to bed. He was one to appreciate every moment he could spend in bed; especially since he had gone to bed at almost three in the morning. Maybe he should have gone to sleep earlier but Tumblr was just so interesting and seconds quickly turn to hours when using that site.

"It's raining!" Phil yelled ecstatically, poking Dan repeatedly until he groaned and sat up.

"How lovely. Leave me alone..."

"But Dan..." He dragged out the 'n' in Dan's name in a whiny manner, making him roll his eyes.

"What exactly do you want me to do?"