Chapter Nine

Chapter 9 - Some Spirits

Madara smirked, that sparked something off, he thought.

"Yes I know, everyone has a name. That's just my nickname for you."

The former Guardian scoffed,

"You obviously have no taste in good nicknames then."

She spat back. It could make Madara smile at the sight before him, though he didn't like hat she was saying and how she was saying it, she was releasing her Guardian side before him. Something he wanted to see the past couple of months,

"Well you seem too distant to not be a daydreamer so I think the nickname is rather fitting for someone like you. I mean you are a little strange and different from the rest, especially from your sister Suki...She's loud and annoying, you're quiet and aggressive."

Misaki stared him straight in the eyes, glaring almost.

"I like to keep my opinions to myself."

Madara rolled his eyes to this, that was obvious, Madara thought. Then suddenly a voice echoed, it was Gin,

"Misaki?! Where are you?"

With a curse under her breath she quickly looked to Madara,

"It looks like I have to go. But I will warn you now. Your night shall be ruined."

Without hesitation, the former guardian turned to walk away without another word, leaving a rather speechless and confused Madara behind.

The words that which the former guardian spoke swarmed around Madara's head as a puzzle that wouldn't quite fit together, what did she mean by that? What was it that could ruin his night? So he leaned against a post watching the festival go past him like a blur, but one thing that irritated him more than anything was the fact that every person that were to move out of his vision the one woman that he couldn't stop seeing that night appeared; it angered him so. He thoughts were rudely interrupted by the clan's matchmaker, one who would always try and find the perfect person for Madara but failed each and every time.

"You seem unhappy, Madara-sama."

He wasn't surprised as yet another person moved and she was yet again in his view, but he didn't answer the matchmaker by talking but instead with a grunting sound expressing his irritation.

"Well since you're here, I believe I have found your perfect match..."

Madara gave a roll of his eyes while thinking 'Not this again.'

"Now now. Hear me out. She's perfect for someone, such as yourself...In fact I believe that you've already met her here tonight. And her father did request for a marriage within our clan..."

He prayed to the gods that it wasn't the woman that he had problems with removing her from his line of sight, as he looked around he intentionally found the former guardian; eyeing her, though the matchmaker saw this, he chose to ignore the stare Madara had on the girl.

Later that evening the matchmaker returned with two girls in tow, both of which were the woman in question, Suki or Misaki? Who was it to be, Madara thought.

"Suki-san, I hear you already had the pleasure of meeting Madara."

She nodded with grace and gave a bow in greetings to him, though the other girl did not, she looked around giving him a grunt for a greeting; very unladylike. It was only because she thought he did not deserve her respect after earlier though he did absolutely nothing wrong. Suki completely disapproved of her sister's manners towards a clan leader, but said nothing towards her.