Chapter 12

Jungkook may have seen Hoseok's happy dance, but no one had to know. He giggled to himself as he went to Taehyung's room.

Upon arriving he heard yelling and knew it wasn't good. He quickly opened the door and saw Taehyung and his dad having a damn near screaming match.

"KICK ME OUT FOR ALL I CARE!!! I'M NOT GOING TO STOP BEING HIS FRIEND!!!"

"YOU WILL LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER THIS INSTANT!! I DON'T WANT YOU AROUND THAT BOY ANYMORE!"

"YOU HAVEN'T BEEN A FATHER SINCE MOM LEFT!"

And apparently that was the last straw. The big man slapped Taehyung hard across the face, causing the boy to almost fall off the bed. Jungkook has actually never seen Taehyung's dad hit him. He never knew it would cause him this much pain and anger.

"Hey!! Don't fucking touch him!!" Jungkook rushes over and punched the man in the nose. A crack was heard throughout the room and everyone was sure Jungkook just broke the man's nose.

Taehyung's dad stumbled back and tripped on a chair, falling to the floor. Jungkook quickly called in some doctors and explained what he saw. They took the man out and the room was quiet after that.

"Taetae... are you okay?" Jungkook asked quietly and got closer to his friend.

He didn't expect Taehyung to pull him into a tight hug and start bawling his eyes out. Jungkook wrapped his arms around him and ran his fingers through his hair.

"K-kookie... y-you're such a-an idiot!" Taehyung looked up at his best friend with snot and tears dripping down his face.

Jungkook just smiled softly at him. "I know, but I did what I had to. I said I'd protect you, didn't I?"

"Yeah, but I-I didn't think y-you'd punch him."

"I didn't either. I was just really pissed and next thing I know my hand is hurting." Jungkook chuckled as he looked at his right hand. There was a small cut on about two of his knuckles, but nothing serious.

Jungkook climbed onto the bed and immediately cuddled Taehyung.

"You broke dad's nose."

"I did."

"I've always wanted to."

"Well, haha I beat you."

"Whatever. That was first time I've heard you curse."

"And it'll be the last time."

"I love you, idiot."

"Love you too, Taetae."

-

When Jungkook had woken up, it was dark out. He slowly sat up and yawned, stretching his arms. He checked his phone and saw it was 7pm before checking his messages. Most of them were from Hoseok on Instagram.

J.hoseok
hey kook
4:30pm

Kook??
4:45pm

are u ok?
5:02pm

hope i'm not bothering u. just letting u know if u need a ride home i'll come pick u up
5:17pm

Jungkook smiles at the messages. Hoseok actually cared about him. Jungkook felt something sting in his chest as his heart rate picked up a bit. He doesn't know if he liked this feeling or not. So, for now he would just ignore it.

Taehyung was still asleep and probably won't wake up if Jungkook tried. Instead, he got off the bed carefully and kissed Taehyung's forehead.

"See you tomorrow, Taetae. Love you." Jungkook gathered his things and left the hospital room.