Chapter 18

The dinner went off without a hitch. Jungkook's parents got to know Hoseok more, and seemed to like him. Mrs. Jeon likes to playfully flirt with him only because she claims Hoseok is adorable when he's embarrassed. She pinches his cheeks a lot, too.

Hoseok thinks Mr. Jeon doesn't particularly like him. Jungkook has reassured him plenty of times that he does.

("Babe, he gives me looks."

"He's just trying to scare you. He's weird."

"No, your mom is weird. Your dad is scary."

"He's a giant teddy bear."

"An evil one.")

Eventually, Jungkook gives up on trying to convince him. Now, he laughs whenever Hoseok mentions how scary his dad is. Hoseok claims he's serious, but that makes Jungkook laugh harder.

-

When Jungkook finally met Hoseok's friends, it was... interesting. He had also brought Taehyung along, not wanting him to feel left out.

They all went to a barbecue place close by. Jungkook didn't expect his friends to be so loud. He's accustomed to Taehyung's loudness, but his boyfriend's friends were something else.

However, he's glad that Taehyung can be loud with someone other than him. Him and Jimin had immediately hit it off, Taehyung claiming they're soulmates now. Jimin easily agreed.

Namjoon and Jin were quite an odd couple, but they were nice. They acted like parents, although Jin seemed to have the mind capacity of a 7 year old. Jungkook thought he was funny, nonetheless.

Yoongi was impassive most of the night, but Jungkook likes him. Later into their outing, though, he noticed how close and cuddly he was with Jimin. Jungkook knows they're married, but he didn't think Yoongi showed a lot of affection. Maybe it was because he was drunk. Jungkook still doesn't know, and probably doesn't need to know. He's fine with that.

At the end of the night, it was hard to separate Taehyung and Jimin. They wouldn't go without at least trading phone numbers, and a promise to text. When they reached Jungkook's house, Taehyung said he'd go home for the night. He also suggested that Hoseok stay the night since it was really late, and sauntered off with a wink.

He is not subtle and Jungkook kind of wants to strangle him.

Hoseok did end up staying the night.

They slept together, innocently, and Jungkook thought he could get used to it. He likes cuddling with Taehyung, but it's different when it's your boyfriend.

When Jungkook woke up that Sunday morning, he was elated. He watched as his boyfriend slept peacefully, who had a bit of drool coming out of his mouth. Jungkook carefully wiped it off.

He went about lightly tracing Hoseok's face. Hoseok was too pretty, Jungkook thought. How could someone so pretty be with him? Jungkook often wondered this, but then thought of the things Hoseok did for him. Those useless thoughts soon disappear. Because this is why. This is why he's with Jungkook.

-

They've officially been boyfriends almost 2 months now, and both the boys couldn't be happier. They still spend a lot of time with each other, either just the two of them, or their now 7 friend group.

Yoongi likes to call them the "vanilla couple."

When Jungkook asked what that meant, Yoongi just said, "Exactly."

Later that night, when Jungkook was over at Hoseok's he asked what Yoongi meant. Hoseok was flushed red when telling him, and Jungkook thought it was endearing.

Jungkook wasn't ready for sex, and Hoseok respected that. But, that night Jungkook wasn't as innocent as before.

-

"You got laid."

"What?"

"You're practically glowing. That first-time-having-sex glow. No-longer-a-virgin glow."

Jungkook set his banana milk down on the counter to assess the situation.

They were at Jungkook's house and it was after school. Mrs. Jeon made them some snacks then went to work.

"Tae, what are you talking about? I didn't have sex."

Taehyung looked over at him mid-bite of his sandwich. "Virgin?"

Jungkook nodded.

Taehyung set his food down. "No dick in butt?"

Jungkook felt his face heat up at Taehyung's crude words. He's used to it by now, but he can't help but feel weird.

"No! None of that! Why are you so interested in my sex life anyway? Stay out of it!"

"But, Kookie! You're my best friend, my brother! I need to know these things! It'll only make our friendship stronger! So, you and Hoseok didn't have sex the other night? When Yoongi-hyung obviously hinted at it?"

Jungkook sighs loudly, and shakes his head. "No, Taetae."

"Then, what did you do?! You're practically radiant today! I noticed all day at school, too! You and Hobi did something!"

Jungkook thought back to the other night. The way Hoseok's hands and mouth felt on him. It all felt so surreal, Jungkook couldn't be sure if it was a dream or not.

So, he decided to tell Taehyung.

"We did other stuff. Like, touching and... the thing." Jungkook was impossibly red to the tips of his ears. He was avoiding looking at Taehyung as he spoke.

Taehyung was excited. He was on the edge of his seat, literally. He had to hold onto Jungkook for support in case he'd fall.

"The thing? What thing? Handjobs?"

Jungkook shook his head.

"Blowjobs?"

Jungkook nodded his head.

Taehyung screamed.

-
sorry for the short chapter! this book is coming to an end though, so i'll try to make the last two chapters longer.

thank you for reading, i appreciate it!

-t.