Chapter 17: Brother's Rage

When Dina found out that Eric and I were engaged she got really excited, so we decided to let her plan the wedding for us. Now she's got us in the living room talking about all kinds of different wedding stuff like flowers, wedding locations, food, etc.

"So what kind of flowers do you want to have as your bouquet?" Dina asked me.

"Um, roses I guess," I said.

"What color?"

"Red."

"Eh, we'll go with white." I rolled my eyes.

Eric was sitting next to me on the couch with his arm around my shoulders.

"Alright now which one of your brothers is going to walk you down the aisle?"

"Why would my brothers walk me down the aisle?"

"Traditionally it would be the father, but you don't have one and your mother is long gone so it would have to be one of your brothers."

"Oh, uh, I don't know."

"You need to aske one of them," she told me.

"Well I can't."

"Why?" Eric asked.

"Because I haven't told them yet."

"What?" Dina questioned.

"It's been three weeks, how have you not told them yet?" Eric asked.

"Because I wanted to wait until after we say 'I do' for them to kill you."

"What do you mean?"

"They hate you."

"Hate me? Why do they hate me?"

"After what you did to their little sister they will want to shoot you if they see your face."

"Baby it was nothing, you know that. You gotta tell them."

"Alright, I'll do it today." I groaned.

--

Me and Eric drove out to my brother's house in South Central, the house I grew up in. I was nervous to tell them, I already know how they would react. Eric and I walked up to the porch holding hands, I squeezed his hand tightly as I knocked on the door. My oldest brother DJ answered the door, he looked happy to see me until he saw Eric standing next to me.

"What the fuck is this little midget doing here?" He yelled pulling out his gun.

"Hey!" I yelled then twisted his arm to make him drop the gun. "Don't you hurt him." I picked up the gun. "In the house, now!"

"Lame ass nig-"

"Shut up nigga!"

The three of us went inside the house, me and Eric sat on the couch and DJ sat on the chair in front of us.

"Where's Dwayne, Anthony and Martin?" I asked.

"Anthony moved in with his baby momma," he said. "The others are out doing I don't know. Now why did you bring him here?"

"Okay what I'm about to tell you is very big and exciting for us," I said holding Eric's hand. "I don't want you to freak out or get mad."

"What is it Tamera?" He asked frustrated.

"Me and Eric are getting... married."

He sat there with this deadly look on his face like he wanted so badly to put a bullet in Eric's head. His hands were balled into fists.

"Are you really that stupid?" He yelled. "You can't marry him! This motherfucker don't love you!" He stood up yelling. "You're making a mistake!"

I stood up too. "It's not a mistake, I love him! And he loves me!"