chapter twenty two- i want you

I fell into a deep sleep soon after that. I needed the rest, even though all id done here was cry, make myself sleep and listened to my stomach rumble. I decided that in the morning id ask for some porridge. READYBREAK, yes! That was my favourite breakfast in the world when I was a kid. I chuckled to myself a little, but it hurt.

I let theo go get me a cup of hot tea, but I was too tired to wait for that, and fell asleep. But as soon as I did so, I started dreaming..or shall I say started having nightmares.

And now, there are even voices, that I hear. Familiar, but only in my nightmares. The room spins slightly, focusing then not, then it focuses again. Why was it me? Why was it YOU that did this to me?

You’ll never understand what you did to me, not the slightest bit. You don’t have a clue how you made me feel, do you? suddenly, the feeling came flooding back. The pain, the hurting. The feeling of the belt slashing my back. The holding down of me when jay threw himself over me. it all came back.

I tried to stop it, but I couldn’t, I wasn’t strong enough. Then, I heard the beeping sound of the real world. My life support machine, theos voice shouting me name. I could barely hear, but I heard him shout

“ruby, ruby?! Please don’t leave me now, I beg you” then I felt something wet on my hand, I felt theos lips a few seconds after. His tears and his kiss. I had to stop this now. I had to wake up now. Theos kiss had calmed me. made the nightmare start disappearing. Made the feeling of HIM disappear. And then, my eyes beamed open. The first person I saw was theo. The tears strolling down his cheeks.

How long would this go on for? How long would I have to put myself and theo through this? I didn’t want to, of course not. I couldn’t help it. I was just, left..scarred.

theo held me until I fell asleep again, this time I didn’t have nightmares. I think it was theos touch, I could feel him there physically.

I woke up in the morning, and the first thing I did was see if theo was still there. He was. And his hand still in mine, he was holding me tight, I only just started to feel it. I sat up still feeling sleepy and as I moved theos eyes shot open.

“whats wrong?” he sounded worried.

“what? Nothing. I was just sitting up” I laughed, theo smiled.

“hey, theo.. would you mind going to get my ipod from my bag please? I just remembered I have it. It has some asking Alexandria” and as soon as theo heard that name, he ran to my bag, and within five seconds, he was back.

“would you like an earphone?” I laughed untangling them.

“YES PLEASE!” he shouted almost deafening, but I had to chuckle. Theos loved asking Alexandria ever since I bought two tickets to go see them a year ago because he didn’t know who they were. I was shocked. So I knew I had to get the tickets. And he loved it. So from then on, he’s always adored them.

I sorted teo a headphone as we started raving to ‘The Final Episode.’ As theo started screaming to it, a nurse came in to check on me. theo was too into his music to realise, I coughed and tapped, then pointed towards the nurse who looked disgusted with him.

“no technology please, can effect the machines, don’t want that happening now do we” she scowled at me, I didn’t like that nurse. There was something wrong with her. Then she walked straight back out, forgetting what she came in for.

“wow, shes a bit…”

“weird?!” theo said finishing off my sentence.

“yeah, of course” I laughed back at him.

we put the earphones back in and i watched theo closely, examining him while he was miming the music. he was so perfect. what would i have done that night without theo? i would have died.

theo wasnt looking at me while i was looking at him, but he was smiling. so he could tell i was looking. i saw theos hand move up to his ear and take the earphone, then he sat on my bed and grabbed hold of my hand.

"Ruby he sighed. "ive known you since, well, since we were in nappies. and i couldnt wish for a better best friend. you're perfect in every way possible and to me, you have no faults. i mean, yeah you dont half have a temper on you, and you can take ages in the bathroom at the most inconvienient times, like when i need to use the toilet! but, i still wouldnt change you for the world. ive always loved you ruby roo, so, please tell me what you want..."

"ive never known what ive wanted theo, my mind has always been some kind of puzzle trying to fit things together, and no matter what pieces it tries to stick together, they dont fit. well, except for two" i squeeze his hand.

"you wanna know what i want? do you reallly?" i kept a straight face.

"yes, i do ruby" he smiles. but i dont smile back.

i put my hand on his neck to move his head in and my lips towards his ears, i then whsiper..

"i want you"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is such a short chapter, im not very well so im sleeping half the time i get a chance to come on here, so im sorry. ill be writing more soooon, looove charll <3