Cabin 11

I walk with Chiron and Percy for awhile with uncomfortable silence. "So Percy if your a son of Poseidon you can breath under water right?"
"Yeah."
"And you can control water?"
"Yes."
"And water heals you?"
"Yep."
"So your kinda like Aqua Man."
"No I'm not. Aqua Man has blonde hair I have black hair, he wares a silly costume and I don't, and he's a man I'm a teenager."
"You've been asked this question a lot haven't you?"
"Yeah. Are you always like this?"
"What annoying? Yeah."
"Oh gods this is not going to be fun."
"Percy, Nico was like this too. You're friends with him, give her a chance."
"Who's Nico?"
"Him." Percy points to a boy who looks a little younger then me. He looks Italian too. He's also deathly pale and his eyes are a really dark brown they almost look black.
"I'm gonna go talk to him."
"Nico is not very social. I would leave him alone." Percy says.
"Let the girl talk to him." Chiron says.
"Fine just if he doesn't say anything don't try to talk to him anymore."
"I don't care. I'll talk to him as long as I want."
"You're asking for it."
"Whatever." I walk off towards Nico. "Hi." He just looks at me for awhile. "Are you going to say anything or just stare at me?"
"Go away."
"No."
"Okay I'm going to be nice and tell you to go away."
"Nope."
"Are you a daughter of Apollo?"
"No."
"You act like one."
"I do not!" I protest.
"You sure?"
"Yes I'm sure. Who's your parent?"
"Hades." He responds.
"Cool."
"You think that's cool?"
"Yeah being able to raise the dead and make it dark and shadow travel. I wish I were a daughter of Hades."
"You don't want to be."
"Why not?"
"Walk with me." I follow him. We walk behind someone for awhile. They turn around.
"Hi." I say around Nico. They just muffle a scream and walk away.
"What was that about?"
"I'm the child of Hades."
"Oh. Were you surprised that I wanted to talk to you?"
"Yeah. Why do you talk to me?"
"Because I wanted to."
"It's more then that."
"No it's not. Why would you think that?"
"You walked over blushing, when I looked you in the eye you blushed, and you argued with Percy to talk to me."
"I wanted to talk to you and that's all."
"Whatever." He walks away.
"Do you have any friends?" He stops and looks at me. My heart starts racing but I have no idea why.
"A couple."
"How about one more?"
"Sure." We walk away at the same time and I think I saw him smile. When I walk back over to Percy who is staring at me.
"What?"
"You got Nico to smile."
"I know."
"How?"
"I don't know."
"How about we check out the cabin your staying in?" Chiron interrupts .
"Sure." We walk over to one of the last cabins. By the door there was the number eleven. "Cabin eleven."
"Yes, Hermes cabin."
"So I'm staying here for now?"
"Yes."
"I'll make myself at home I guess."
"Percy will introduce you then you can make yourself at home."
"Okay." Chiron walks away and leaves Percy to introduce me. He opens the door and slightly pushes me in the door.
"Everyone this is Emma Jackson. She's staying here till her parent is determined." Many groans from the cabin. "Hey treat her with respect she's now one of you."
"But we have no room." A boy complains.
"Connor there's room right there." He points to a little space on the ground.
"Fine she can sleep right there."
"Place your stuff in that spot then come back outside for a tour of camp." Percy tells me.
"Okay." Then he leaves.
"So your name is Emma?"
"Yeah, and yours?"
"Travis Stoll and that's my brother Connor.
"Nice to meet you."
"Yeah, your sleeping next to my bed by the way so I may accidentally step on you so watch out."
"I will don't worry."
"Okay." I set my stuff down and run outside. "Hey Perce can I call you that?"
"Yeah Annabeth usually only calls me that but it's okay."
"Who's Annabeth?"
"My girlfriend."
"Oh. How old are you?"
"Sixteen."
"Me too." I say excitedly.
"Ready for a tour? By the way it might end in the archery range."
"Why?"
"All the tours end that way. It's just to see if you're good at it."
"Oh."
"Lets go."