Story Time

"We used to play house," I began. "It was just us two, no one else. She was the older sister, I was the younger. She said our mom and dad had left us. She had to take care of. That's was how it was anyways, she had to clean and take care of me. The orphanage did the rest. We were a perfect family. Just me and her. I was two at the time, but I remember it like it was yesterday."
"What did you two play about?"
"When she had homework I would pretend to be the teacher. She taught me how to talk, and walk, and do almost everything I know how to do today. She taught me what to do if I ever confronted a stranger, or got lost, or anything bad that would happen she taught me what to do in those situations. But-but it didn't save her." I start crying.
"Hey, hey, hey. What about the good times?" Connor asks in a whisper.
"We swam in the pool every day, or she did I splashed in the kiddy pool." I laugh. "We tormented the ducks, the mean girls, and lived a good life for awhile."
"Did you ever get in trouble?"
"No. We always blamed it on someone else or we argued and said they did it to themselves to get us in trouble, or we said they tripped and fell, or somethin' along that line."
"So you were the Leo of the orphanage?"
"Yeah. We pulled pranks, she was good at building things for the pranks, and I was small enough to fit them in places so the could be tripped. The pranks I mean. We were known as the trouble some two. Always doing stuff but never getting in trouble." Connor laughs.
"She sounds like a great friend. Any more stories you wanna share?" Connor asks.
"No. Thats my favorite story. I wanted to share it with you. But only that story." Connor kisses my head and continues to rock me back and forth.
"What just happened?" Jason asks.
"Shh!"
"Percy I just-"
"Shh!"
"Ok, ok."
"Hey Connor?" I ask sleepily.
"Yeah Em?"
"You know that one time when you asked when I wanted to meet your mom?"
"Yeah."
"When can I?"
"You wanna meet her tomorrow?"
"That would be nice." I say and fall asleep in his arms. I don't care if people will stare. I felt so warm and safe. I fell asleep dreaming about the good times, not the bad.