8

Chapter 8: Rushing Waves

Eli laid in his bed eyes closed with headphones held securely in his ears blasting music loud enough to drown out all the other thoughts he had brewing in his head. His house was empty of anyone besides himself or so he thought when the buds keeping his mind occupied were ripped out of place. "Where's your mom?"

"Left a few hours ago, some brunch with her friends." Dalton looked around the room, noting the crumpled up clothes on the floor and a few scattered books. "Why are you here?"

"Was thinking about calling a meeting, have all of us get together and go out tonight. Haven't seen us all in one place in a while."

Eli peeked over his phone, his thumbs stopping their typing to the text message that Aspen had sent him, making sure to keep it as discreet as possible. "Where were you thinking?"

A dangerous smirk only to be described as Dalton overtook said teens face, his blonde hair wasn't done today, the usual neat updo just resting over his forehead. "The bridge."

"I don't know man, you know what happened the last time we all went there, we barely got those charges dropped."

Dalton scoffed, plopping his body down in the beanbag in the corner of Elliot's room. "Live a little, we'll be more careful this time. The last time was absolutely mandatory, we couldn't have known that guy was going to show up."

Eli knew that no matter how hard he fought with the blonde teen, he wouldn't win, Dalton always had a way with getting his way. "Fine, but if anything happens, I was never there."

"I knew you'd see sense," Their hands collided with one another, lifting the brunette from his bed and throwing a random shirt in his direction. "Bring your girl with us too."

"Dalton—"

A quirk of his brow and a sly smirk formed in his face, hands tucked in the safety of his blue jeans. "Come on, I won't try anything but you've been spending a lot of time with her and I want to see what the little minx is made of."

"Don't talk about her like that."

"Catching feelings?"

Poking his head through the hole in his shirt, Elliot shook his head, lying effortlessly. "She doesn't need to be involved."

"Not your call, I'll look forward to seeing her. Make sure she wears something warm." He was exiting the comfort of Eli's room, a devious plan brewing in his mind knowing damn well that his intentions with the girl would be anything but friendly.