...decadence...

Elsie was healing slower than she expected

Elsie was healing slower than she expected. She didn't have the strength that the used to have and it was like she had to learn all her technique all over again. So two weeks later, she decided that working at The Garrison was going to be longer than she thought.

"I'm sick." Grace stated as she walked up to the younger woman as they worked in the Garrison, "I think I'm going to have to go home." Grace let out a series of sneezes. Elsie pulled a face, raising her hand to the blondes forehead, "You're burning up! You need some serious rest, Missy." She exclaimed.

Grace shook her head, "I promised Mr. Shelby that-"

"Leave Mr. Shelby to me." Elsie waved her off, "I've got everything covered. You should head home." Grace agreed and walked out the pub after explained to Harry that she was too sick to work. Before she left, Grace passed Elsie three pounds, telling her to give it back to Mr. Shelby. Elsie sighed at the thought that she was going to have to tell Mr. Shelby that Grace wasn't going to be in for whatever they had planned.

Elsie's train of thought was cut off by a knock by the private room window, "Give me a bottle of whiskey and three glasses, please." Tommy ordered, "Make it Irish." Elsie didn't know her alcohols very well, so when she reached for the wrong one, "It's the one next to it, love."

"Right. I knew that." She denied, turning to give the bottle to him, her blue dress swishing around her knees, "Three glasses was that, Mr. Shelby?"

He nodded, not looking her in the eye. He had yet to look her in the eye since that night, "Where's Grace?" He asked as he picked a cigarette from his pack.

"She's sick." Elsie informed the man, passing him the three glasses, sliding the three pounds over too, "I told her I had everything handled. She'll probably be out for the next couple of days. Told me to hand this back to ya."

Tommy sighed in annoyance, "Of bloody course." His interest peaked a little as his eyes rested on the woman's cleavage that was a little more on show than he'd ever seen her wear, "You're a woman."

Elsie rolled her eyes at him, "Well, it's about time you noticed." She exaggerated a sigh, "What do you need me for?"

"The Cheltenham Races."

Elsie's eyes light up, "Horses? Count me in, Mr. Shelby." She agreed with a grin, "I always wanted to go to the races!"

Tommy looked her up and down before sliding the three pounds back to her, "You'll need a new dress. Something red, or blue. Either colour suits you."

"I might get a matching hat, too." She joked, Tommy threw a soft smile in her direction before closing the doors to the room. Elsie smiled to herself, even though she knew that she wasn't going there for Tommy. She was a distraction for someone else.

It wasn't long before the company that Tommy was expecting came and left, leaving to the tune of Join the IRA. Not that Elsie had any clue what it was, "He seems jolly." She commented as she wiped down the sides. Tommy came and sat at the bar stool, "I thought you only allowed singing on Saturdays."