OLIVER, WILLIAM, ELSIE, ALFIE AND SABINI

London was awful. To Elsie, it was as if someone stuck all the scummiest people in the world in one city and let them run wild. It was crazy in her eyes. And the one person to agree with her would be, her brother. William Partridge had changed since Elsie last saw him. First of all, he had a cane after he was shot when they were both children. Second, it was very, very clear that he didn't heterosexual body in his bone. However, when asked, the family knew nothing of William's sexual adventures in the nightclubs owned by Sabini, the person who made him use the cane in the first place.

Oliver Partridge was colder than he used to be. Perhaps it was due to his wife being killed in cold blood pregnant with his third child. He still opened up his house with open arms to Elsie, which she would have appreciated if she hadn't been forced to move down to the capital by him. 

So, Elsie decided to live on her own. She worked in, yet again, another theatre performing for the high class of the higher class. Her ballet skills were better than ever and she was performing  Alice in Wonderland  as Alice, granted of course.

She was living the high life.

But Elsie was miserable.

There was no Arthur, no John, no Polly and no Tommy. And it broke her heart to stay away from them. But she had to keep them safe and especially to keep herself alive. 

Oliver owned Birmingham, Newcastle and parts of Wales and was helping his friend, Alfie Solomons keep this side of business with a manic like Sabini running things. Elsie knew this. What she didn't know was how someone important in her past was on his way down to London. Down to take over Sabini's business. And down to get her back to where she belonged.