The Encounter

Enedina

It was the last day of my summer vacation. I spent my whole day gathering my stuff for school next day. I arranged my new clothes in the wardrobe and double checked my assignments and homework. It took me all the time in the universe to pack my stuff. At last, I spared some time to watch the new episode of The Big Bang Theory. Man, Sheldon's so funny. 

After having dinner, I went to my room. My room is on the first floor below the attic. It's spacious and separate from other rooms so I can do my studies with minimal disturbance. There's a window near my desk which I closed as always before sleeping. I closed the door and took out my diary

Dear Diary,
I've been well. My summer vacations are over and I have my school tomorrow. I can't wait to see my friends. Also, I went shopping with Mom and Dad. We had so much fun. We went to this Mexican Restaurant and the food was amazing. However, on our way back to home we almost got ran into a deer. It came right in the front of our car. It's normal at night but I feel really off about it. I don't know but my guts tell me there's more to it. Something about those woods and my dream. Anyways, I need to sleep. Good night. Bye<3

I closed my eyes and drifted into the realm of dreams.

*******************

I purred like a cat. Why am I awake? But I've got this odd feeling like...like I've been watched? Someone's in my room.

I opened my eyes. 

A figure. A face. Dark hair and angular features. I can't see the details cuz it's dark but it looks like it's a he. Now I am not proud of it but my first reaction was to scream and I am definitely not proud of what happened next. 

So I opened my eyes and saw this mystery guy in my room and I screamed or I tried to but I couldn't. Instead, I opened my mouth just to feel something soft and warm against my lips. 

Did he just...did he just kissed me? Oh God, he's kissing me! Is it a dream? It must be. How else could he be inside this room silly? But it feels real.

I tried to make a distinction between dream and reality but mind wasn't listening to me. I didn't know him, hadn't even seen his face, he could be anyone but somewhere deep down, my soul recognized him. The lost piece, the one I've been looking for, I've found him. I knew him, more than anything I needed him. I was lost in him, drifting away with him. My heart was beating like a drum as he came closer and kissed me harder. His tight muscles under my hand, his skin so smooth and with every brush of lips, it was becoming more and more passionate and then he broke the kiss.

"I'm sorry I startled you. If you'd screamed we'd been in trouble," he said in a hushed voice. I could feel his breath on my neck.

"You mean you'd be in trouble," I corrected. 

He gave a chuckle. 

"Is it a dream?" I asked him quizzically. 

"Do you want it to be a dream ?" He asked in a deep voice. 

"I don't know. It's the only explanation for you being inside a locked room up here in the middle of the night" I gave him another quizzical glance. 

He laughed again.

" What?" I questioned. 

"You better sleep. Big day tomorrow" he said in his deep hypnotic voice. But I already started to feel sleepy. I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes. 

"It could've been my first kiss, you know?" I said in a dreamy voice. "

I wish it was" he answered. 

So do I.

I thought as I fell deeper into my sleep.