Waking the fallen

As the nurses unplug the machine, I look at him and keep singing. I start walking away and all the nurses stand there in shock.

They point at him and I turn around. His eyes are wide open. I run to the machine and turn it back on. The only thing he said was

"You have a beautiful voice"

He fell back asleep. The nurses hook everything back up to him and I go out to talk to the guys. By the look i had on my face, they all started crying.

"Wait, guys no. He is okay."

They all look up and they all hug me.

"Alright guys I can't breathe. Especially you Jimmy, let go of me. You're gonna squeeze me to death."

Brian looks up at me and smiles.

"On behalf of all the guys, thank you. Oh and I know your singing brought him back, you sound like an angel."

I laugh. "I might be, considering I...."

I was cut off by my nurse. "We need you in here Doctor Casen."

I wave goodbye and walk in. I shut the door. I look at Matt and he stares right at me.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS VAL? WHY ISN'T SHE WITH ME. I JUST SAW HER A SECOND AGO!!!"

I sit next to him. "Mr.Sanders, I'm sorry to say this but she is gone."

I see the pain in his eyes as he can barely get a word out.

"WHY THE FUCK AM I ALIVE? WHY DID YOU SAVE ME AND NOT HER?" He cries at me.

The guys rush in and bulldoze through the nurses.

"The other Doctor, Danni. She tried to save her, but Val would not come back. Its not Sidnis fault." I move so Jimmy can sit next to him and try to comfort him. As they're talking I notice how beat up he was. His arm in a cast and his left eye all swollen.

Brian pulls me aside.

"Can you please give us a minute? We have to tell him everything that happened. Once we calm him down, you can comeback in."

I nod and he gives me a hug and walks back in.

I go to find Danni. I tell her everything. I start to tear up but then I notice an evil look in her eyes.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I say nervously.

"Oh nothing. Just poor Val couldn't have survived. What a shame." She says grinning.

No way this bitch did that

"You could've saved her. What the fuck Danni. Wow, guess I'm not counting on you to be my fucking doctor. I can't believe you. You know how much I look up to him. FUCK YOU" I say practically yelling at her.

"Oh okay, well you're welcome hun. Now he's all yours." She says this winking at me. I pull back my right and I'm about to punch the shit out of her, until Brian taps my shoulder. Danni runs off. I turn around with tears filling my eyes. He looks at me consolingly. He knows everything.

"I wont tell. I promise." He pulls me into a hug and I start bawling.

Wait, im at work, i cant cry.

I clean myself up quickly and i walk into the room. Matt looks up at me.

"Thank you for all you've done. Im sorry for being a dick. Im just going through a loss, ya know?"

Being a dick? That would be an understatement. I saved your life.

"Its okay Mr.Sanders, I completely understand what you're going through."

"Umm.....so I know you're at work and I'm your patient, but call me Matt please." He giggles and then stops because his ribs are in pain.

"Alright Matt." I say as I'm walking to the pain pills. I give him one and a bottle of water.

"Here take this. I know you're in alot of pain."

He smiles. And I see those dimples. Damn those little dimples. My shift is over and I hand off Matt to the nurse.

"I'll see you guys in a few hours. I have to go home and take a breather." I look over at the nurse. "Im going to be  worried all night, since this is my first patient. So when I come back, you can take the night off."

She nods her head and I wave goodbye to the guys. As I walk towards the elevator, someone is following me. Then I hear them running. Danni has a knife and all of a sudden she stops running. Brian, Zacky,and Jimmy stopped her. They called over security and he went from there.

I wouldn't have been the only person she has killed today

I snap out of it and look up at the guys.

"Thank you guys so much."

"Oh it's no problem. We have to repay you for saving my brother back there. This is the least we could do."

I go and hug Jimmy and Zacky. As I go to hug Brian he whispers

"I've lost one friend to her, I can't lose another one."

I nod and turn around. I go down the elevator and run to my car. I start crying and I go home. What a day. I rushed all my errands and got ready for my next shift. I set my alarm for two hours and I take a nap. Before I close my eyes, I say to myself.

"What a day. And apparently I will see you tonight Matt."

I laugh at my pun and I go to sleep.