You're a vampire?

I laid on my bed staring at the clock, it was midnight already. I couldn't fall asleep because I was worried about Mikleo. He had ran out of my house earlier tonight when we had gotten in an argument. It had gotten pretty heated and he decided that he needed fresh air.
        That was only a few hours ago though, around eight. Usually Mikleo would have called me by now to talk it out or he would answer one of my calls to him.
        "Well I'll see him tomorrow at school, so I shouldn't be so worried. Even he would tell me to go to sleep and stop being such a worry wart."
         That was the last thing I thought before falling into an uneasy sleep.
         The next morning I got ready and waited outside for Mikleo to come over so we could walk to school. But he never came and since I was going to be late to school if I waited any longer, I decided to go without him.
         "I really hope he's not still mad at me."
         When I got to school he wasn't at his locker. I got to class and went through all my classes without seeing him. We had all our classes together, except one, so I guess he wasn't in school. I checked my phone through out half the day, but I didn't want to get caught with it, so I put it away till the end of the day.
           At the end of the day I checked my phone, I had a text from Mikleo's mom.
       'Sorey, sorry for texting you in school but, I thought you would want to know. Mikleo got in a accident last night and is in the hospital. If you want to come and visit him, he's in room 201 on the fourth floor of the Cross Hospital.'
          My heart started beating like crazy, a million thoughts ran through my head all at once.
       "Is he ok?"
       "I shouldn't have let him go home alone last night, is this my fault?"
       "Oh Mikleo, please be alright!"
       I ran to the hospital as fast as I could go. It wasn't that far from the school, but I ran so fast that by the time I got there I could have passed out, but not before seeing Mikleo.
       I got to the elevator and pressed the button for the fourth floor. I was anxious the whole way up, I couldn't stop tapping my foot or playing with zipper on my bag. It didn't help that I was the only one on the elevator. I was left alone with my thoughts, which weren't the most positive ones. After what seemed like forever, it dinged and let me out on the fourth floor.
       When I got off I immediately saw Mikleo's mom. A small woman with white fading into pink hair. She had noticed me and came over and hugged me. I hugged right back. We started walking towards Mikleo's room.
        "I'm sorry I didn't call you earlier, the police were asking me about things and I was just..."
        "It's fine Ms.R, I'm just glad I'm here now."
        "I am too and I think Mikleo will be happy to see you too. Well, know your there anyways."
         "What do you mean?"
         "Well, Mikleo is still asleep from his wounds and exhaustion, but they said he'll wake up soon."
         "Oh, ok." We reached Mikleo's room and she gestured for me to go in, saying she was going to run home while I was here with Mikleo.
       "She probably does need some stuff after spending last night and most of today here."
         I stood at the door for a little before mustering up enough courage to go in. I immediately lost all of it.
         My heart sunk to my stomach as I looked at Mikleo. He was covered in bruises and there were badges covering his neck and stomach. He was very pale, almost like snow.
          I sat down beside him and I could see my bison go blurry, I could feel my eyes get warm, and I could hear myself trying not to cry out. I was trying, but it didn't work. I held Mikleo's hand as I let the tears fall into the ground.
"She had said he was attacked last night. He was with me all day until he left my house after that argument. This really is all my fault."
I really couldn't stop the tears now. They came out full force, I started coughing and shut my eyes tightly hoping this had never happened. That I was still with Mikleo at my house. That I didn't let him leave and just had said sorry.
That's all I wanted right now, was to say sorry.
I kept crying until I felt circles being rubbed into my hands in a comforting way. I looked up and saw Mikleo looking back at me a small smile on his face.
"That smile, I love that smile."
"What are you crying for?" He asked his voice tiered and broken. It made me feel better but worse at the same time. I didn't reply to him, I just got up and hugged him. Careful not to hurt him any further.
"Sorey?"
"I'm so glad your ok Mikleo. And I'm so sorry... if I just had apologized and walked you home, none of this wouldn't have happened... I'm so sorry..."
"Sorey... this isn't your fault... Ok? Just you being here makes me feel better."
"Mikleo..." I could feel the tears again. I hugged him again and he hugged back this time. We stayed like for a while. Ms.R eventually came back and we all just talked together.
       "I'm so glad I can talk to him again, and normally at that."
I stayed until visitors weren't aloud any more and headed home.
Three days later Mikleo was released from the hospital and came back to school. We walked together to the nurse's office and we got passes so I could help Mikleo around all day. When we walking to study hall I realized that even though Mikleo's bruises we're gone and he didn't need the bandages anymore, he had healed pretty fast, he was still more pale than usual. I just shook it off.
But twenty minutes into study hall Mikleo started looking anxious and tapping his leg. I didn't know what was going on so I didn't the only thing I could think of and went up to the teacher.
"May Mikleo and I go to the bathroom?"
"Huh? Oh, yes of course. Here take two passes." She handed me two passes and I grabbed Mikleo and headed to the bathroom. When we got there I put us in a stall.
"Sorey? What's wrong?"
"Mikleo. You have been really on edge ever sconce you got home, you've been really pale, anything you try to eat makes you throw up, and you haven't fully smiled once. Mikleo I'm worried."
"Sorey... you don't have to worry. It's just- I'm just..."
"You're just a vampire. Right?"
"Huh?! How- how did you know?"
"One, the signs were right in front of me. Two, I saw the bite marks on you. Three, we both know everything about the supernatural."
"Ok you caught me, now what?! Sorey, I would have told you, I just... I didn't want you to think I was a freak, I didn't want to lose my only friend... my best friend..." He started crying. I wrapped my arms around him and held him closer to me.
"Shh... it's ok. I'm don't think your a freak, and I would never leave you." I gently rubbed circles on his back. I felt him relax a little.
"There is one problem though..." He tensed right back up and held on to me tighter.
"It's not anything bad! But, you know you'll have to feed right?"
"I know... I just don't want to... I can't. I won't." He mumbled it but I could hear it perfectly clear.
"What? You have to or you'll die!"
"I know, but I- I- just can't. I don't want to hurt anyone."
"Then what if you feed off of me?"
"What?! No! I couldn't!"
"Mikleo it's not like you have to drain my blood, you can just drink enough to survive. I can't have you suffer more, especially if it's something I can help with."
"Fine, but... let's not do it here. How about when we get home?"
"Here?" I had totally forgotten we were in a bathroom stall.
"Yeah that sounds good."
We went back to class, which was close to over, and went through our day like normal.
I had already texted Ms.R that Mikleo was staying over. We had made it up the stairs and got to my bedroom before Mikleo fell over, his arms wrapping around his stomach.
"Mikleo!" I helped him up and got him to my bed. I sat next him and turned him towards me.
"Ok. It's been long enough, you need to eat." He looked really nervous but he looked worse then ever too, he was hurting. That took first place in my mind, so I pulled him closer to my neck. I let him lean down and bite into my neck.
It hurt for a second but after that it was fine. I focused on Mikleo, his breathing and the sound of him drinking my blood.
"It's funny, we always wanted to know more about the supernatural. That's even what our fight that night was about. Now look where we are."
After about thirty seconds of him slowly taking some blood he let go and sat back up. Some of the color had returned to him and he looked better. His eyes looked over me over and over again.
"Sorey? Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine. You ok?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, maybe even stronger." We stared at each other for a few seconds. Slowly I closed the space in between us. He didn't move away, I think he moved closer. We finally met in a kiss. Neither of us backed away, slowly putting more need into the kiss.
When we finally did back away breathing heavily.
"Sorey? Do you... do you love me?"
"Of course I do. I love you Mikleo. Do you love me?"
"Yes, yes I do. I love you Sorey." We were both pretty exhausted so we decided to go to sleep. I ended up spooning him. Not going to lie, I loved it.
      "Things are going to be a little different from now on... but Mikleo's safe. That's all that matters. I promise you Mikleo; I'll kept you safe..."
I drifted of to sleep, holding on to Mikleo.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~1,785 words~
~Saw a story like this on Ao3 and loved the idea. Mikleo and Sorey would both make really hot vampires.~

~Shipwhatever

~Shipwhatever