Is It Really You?

Why had that happened? It's because life was unfair, that's why.
     Finding your soulmate was supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life. Seeing both of your marks become one color or many, matching your soulmate's. And for many people it was but not for Sorey. That day couldn't have been worse.
     It's not that Sorey hated the person who was his soulmate; he couldn't have been more happy about how it was than anything. No, it was how he had learned who his soulmate was.
     He wanted to be happy when he found out but he just couldn't. Not with what had happened.
     There had been a hellion earlier that day terrorizing a small town. Of course with Sorey being the Shepherd, he was called out to purify it.
     Everyone, Mikleo, Edna, Rose, Alisha, and Lailah, has gone with Sorey to help him.
Edna, Rose, Alisha, and Lailah went around and evacuated all towns people who hadn't already fled.
All had been going well, Sorey and Mikleo flying together as fluid as water. They shot the hellion a few times before it was time for the final strike to purify it.
It stumbled backwards though making Sorey and Mikleo have to go closer to get the final shot.
Just as Sorey released the arrow the hellion regained some balance and used its last strength to slash at them, the hellions claws hadn't missed them this time.
Sorey fell from the sky fast and landed into the brick path hard, creating a deep dent where he had landed.
With the Armatus broken Sorey and Mikleo separated.
Sorey slumped father to the ground and friend to move only causing him more immense pain. Edna, Rose, Alisha, and Lailah had seen them falling and rushed back over.
All four of them crouched next to Sorey, worry etched into their features.
Sorey's head was swimming, his eyes blurry, his thoughts blank. All he knew was he was in a lot of pain.
Mikleo had been confused form a moment as to why he was back on the ground and why his head hurt so bad, but when he heard the girls calling Sorey's name in rushed, panicked tones, it didn't take him long after that.
Even though his body screamed every protest of him getting up he did anyway.
He rushed over to Sorey and felt his blood go cold when he saw the three claws mark across Sorey's chest, bright and crimson red against the Shepherd's white over coat and blue shirt.
Sorey was clutching his side as well, Mikleo did a scam over him. He put the pieces together.
The hellion had slashed them out of the sky as they purified it and he had cracked his ribs from the impact when he landed.
"Mikleo! Do something!" It was Edna.
Rose and Alisha were trying to figure something to do as well while Laihal was looking over Sorey.
Mikleo's head was swimming trying to think of what to do.
The four girls were panicking as well, Mikleo  just couldn't think strait. Until a thought almost like smoke filled and wrapped around his mind until it was the only thing he could think of. It was strange and dangerous, but it would work.
Sorey was starting to lose consciousness, the last thing he saw before everything went black was Edna, Rose, Alisha, and Lailah looked scared and nervous, and Mikleo cupping Sorey's face in his hands as he gently leaned down. Then everything went black.
Mikleo's mind was filled with that only focused on Sorey now, cutting everyone else out.
"He's mine, I have to take responsibility for him, I can't let him die, I can't let him die. I can save him."
Mikleo's soulmate mark, twisting lines going up and around half his arm, started to glow and burn a bright white as he leaned down and put his forehead against Sorey's.
Underneath his sleeve, Sorey's mark the one that matched Mikleo's, began to glow a bright white as well.
Soon the white light began to surround Mikleo and Sorey.
"What is he-?" Mikleo could barely hear anything, focusing on grabbing it and taking it, making it his own.
"Edna, Rose, Alisha! Get back!" Lialah has realized what Mikleo was going to do. She wanted to stop him but it wouldn't have done anything.
The white glow had grown and grown until everything around the two seemed pure white.
After a second the glow stopped and Mikleo had shot up with a small, unexpected, gasp as he fell to the ground unmoving and cold.
At the same time Sorey sat up with a start, his hands flying over his body. He looked down to see the blood stain from the hellion slash but the actually wound wasn't there.
Actually he felt great, all his wounds, exhaustion, everything, it was strange.
He wonder why and how he had been healed , he was pretty sure he was dying just a minute ago, also why they were still in the town square.
His thoughts were soon interrupted by a short cry.
"Mikleo!"
He looked to his right to see Rose and Alisha carefully turning Mikleo over from where he lie on the ground.
Sorey's heart had stopped for a second time in that moment.
He saw Mikleo, eyes unfocused, ragged breaths slipping from his lips, his skin snow white, and his hand clutching the fabric just over his stomach as crimson red bled through it.
His world came crashing down on him as him watched Mikleo with wide eyes. Things finally seemed to piece together-
He had transferred the pain over to himself.
It was something only soulmates could to one another, one person could take the other person's pain.
All of Sorey's pain was gone, from the broken ribs and slash from the hellion to the bruises and small cuts he had gotten from training yesterday, it was all gone.
And now it was Mikleo suffering all of it at once as he bled out on the ground.
"No, Mikleo, please no." He whispered in fear as he dragged himself over to Mikleo.
Mikleo was already unconscious as Sorey reached him.
Sorey could faintly hear the girls asking Lailah what had happened and someone suggesting that they take Mikleo to the closest inn.
Sorey gently lifted Mikleo into his arms. Sorey curled himself into to the scarily still, cold, cold, body. He bowed his head until it was almost buried in the red stained fabric.
"I can't lose him. I was supposed to protect him. He can't die now, not for me. Please no."
It had taken Mikleo a week to wake up.
Everyday Sorey was there, making sure Mikleo was doing alright, filling him in on what everyone had been doing lately, and just being there with Mikleo.
     And everyday he would wish that Mikleo would be okay and wake up. He would watch Mikleo's chest slowly rise and fall to make sure he was still breathing.
     Final after a week of waiting Mikleo woke up.
     Sorey was almost asleep after watching Mikleo all night when something beside him in the bed moved.
     Mikleo turned to lay in his side to face Sorey as his eyes slowly opened. He smiled at the fact that the first thing he saw was Sorey.
     Mikleo did have time to see if Sorey smiled back because Sorey jumped up and hugged him as soon as he realized Mikleo was awake.
     "Sorey?" He hugged Mikleo tighter.
"I thought I lost you Mikleo."
"I thought I lost you too, that's why I did what I did." Mikleo moves Sorey to face him.
"I also couldn't lose you Sorey, your heart had almost stopped."
"Well yours almost did too!" Sorey was pouting now knowing Mikleo was right, it mad Mikleo laugh.
"Mikleo are you my soulmate?"
Mikleo froze.
"Of course Sorey would know after what he did only soulmates can do it and he probably saw my mark when I was asleep."
"If I said no would you believe me?"
"Nope."
"Okay fine, yes I am your soulmate."
"Did you know before now?"
"Yeah I've known for a long time I just, never told you..."
"Why didn't you? Do you not want to be my soulmate?"
"What? No of course I want to be your soulmate! I just thought you would want a human soulmate instead of me, someone better for you." Mikleo looked down towards his sheets and clenched his hands into fists. He felt like crying but he didn't want to in front of Sorey.
Sorey reached out and gently took Mikleo's face in his hand and turned him to face him. He wiped the tiny drops of tears Mikleo had let escape.
"Of course I would want you as my soulmate Mikleo, and your perfect for me. We know just about everything about each other and I've already loved you for a long time, it just felt right."
Mikleo was bawling now and he couldn't stop the tears anymore.
He had been wrong, Sorey was overjoyed to be his soulmate. That fact alone made Mikleo smile from ear to ear.
"Mikleo I will always love you. I'm glad it was you."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~1,474 words~
~Well after forever I got another one-shot done and out I'll be publishing another one soon that is almost pure smut so skip that one if you don't like it~
~Shipwhatever