FlowerFell

Requested by @_The_Skelebros
This would be nothing but emotional stuff. I mean what did you expect? The original one made me cry for hours on end! Of course I'll end up making this sad too!

It all started when Frisk sacrificed herself for their kind.

Sans was going soft and everyone knew. But they didn't do anything about it. King Asgore told everyone about her sacrifice. Everyone knew Sans' connection with that kind soul. So they let him be.

But months came, and he still wasn't moving on.

He kept visiting the Underground, to where he buried her. He took one of the flowers there with roots and planted it on a small pot. He settled it at his desk nearest to the window and tended to it all the time unless he went to the Underground to visit her.

Papyrus has been worried for his brother, shocking I know... But he was. He constantly visits him at his lone house near Ebbot woods and farthest from the town. When he does though, he would see Sans staring at the flower or gone to the Underground.

It was unnerving how he seemed quite happy but not really moving on. How can someone be genuinely happy when they lost someone they love? Nobody knew, except for Sans.

He was happy that she wasn't suffering anymore. He knew about her abusive life at the surface, then how much she suffered underground. He imagined her smiling without flowers stuck to her, or bandages on her wounds. He imagine her happy, and that made him happy as well.

But he's not letting go of her. No, he will never do that. She was unlike anyone he ever knew.

So he stayed, stayed with her as much as it was possible.

But he really wanted to be with her.

Yes, life was good. He became the captain of the royal guard after everyone confirmed that he had defeated the King without even trying, unlike Undyne who needed years of training to even get a blow on him. Then he and his brother bond, in a way. Mostly training though, but that's more than at the Underground.

He was alright with things, except for one thing...

He wants to be with Frisk.

The kind determined red sould who taught him that kindness was enough. The girl who was always optimistic even when all hope was lost. The girl who won his heart, and the girl who whispered I love you to him at her final breath.

He wanted to tell her he loved her too.

So one day, as he sat on the buttercups and stared at her grave... he smiled.

He raised a knife to his chest as his soul slowly revealed itself.

He fell to the ground with the most genuine smile he had ever worn.

'I love you too, sweetheart...'