Prologue

*Not Edited*
_______________________

In Louisiana 1834, a young girl and her family lived their lives as, what their masters call, "animals". They never experienced freedom, until her and her brother escaped in the night before sunrise. The two were nearly caught when they were in the woods, so they climbed to the top of the tree, where they saw the sunrise in its true beauty.

The young girl didn't exactly know her age, never celebrating a birthday. Her brother and mother said the child was born at the beginning of the autumn season after the leaves have changed colors. According to her family, she was nearing 7 to 8 years of age, while her brother was about 13.

The siblings always knew they wanted more in life, more than what they are seen as. When the two climbed to the top of the oak tree, they felt like someone who could do anything.

After that moment, they would escape the life they knew for a moment. They went to the same tree each day before sunrise and sunset, to feel free. Even though they have been caught a few times, being whipped as a punishment, they didn't want to be trapped again.

"Come on, we'll miss it," the young girl said to her older brother as they climbed the tallest tree.

"You know we can't keep doing this," her brother said. He tried to protect his sister in every way he could, along with the attempt to keep her focused on their work.

"I know, but I need to be free for one last time," She told him. They continued to climb until they reached the last sturdy branch.

The two sat on the branch and held on, seeing the sunrise from the horizon. Even though the boy wanted to leave and get back to the plantation, he was glad to see his sister happy.

They felt the warm sunlight on their skin, like a blanket they've never had. The birds chirped, the animals woke up for a new day.

Behind the two, they saw the plantation they lived on. They could see the large house owned by their master and the other slaves they worked with coming out of their cabin.

The little girl didn't want to leave. She didn't want to go back to the world where people like her are hated. Even though she had accepted the treatment of her kind years before, she didn't stop escaping reality.

After what seemed like forever, the boy began climbing down the tall oak tree. His sister stayed up for another minute, before going back to the only other world she knew.
_______________________

A/N- I know I've been publishing a lot of books lately, but this couldn't wait. I know this isn't a Disney book like the ones usually write but I want to do something a little different.

I'll post more details in my Reaction/News book.

Thanks For Reading  😎💖🎈🎉🎪