I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (17)

i know i said i was going to write a really long chapter, but I really need to go practice softball. haha :D

So maybe I'll write more tonight.

Vote and comment, become a fan! ;D

Chapter 17

Day 4

I had two days. That sentence repeated in my head. I didn't know what I was going to do. John had spent the night, sleeping on the couch, his form looking relaxed unlike the past four days. He must have gotten that "I know" note at the same time I got my note. I had a feeling the kiss we shared was because both of us were on edge. The back of my mind told me that I wouldn't mind if we spent the day kissing either.

Just to, you know, keep us from jumping out of our seats.

The rational part of my brain told me that I needed backup, and fast. Through the years I had come in contact with a lot of vampires. I could easily walk into a vampire club and pick up a few of them, but I knew some of them were against me. Who were to say they couldn't turn their backs on me at the last moment?

The sun was rising, turning the horizon orange and yellow. I couldn't sleep, although apparently John had no problem with it. He should be waking up any time now, he's been sleeping for the past four hours.

And I still didn't know, was Philip coming during the day or at night?

I had a feeling it might be the first, since direct sunlight hurts my eyes. I was usually the weakest at noon. But I could still wear sunglasses and clothes that covered every part of my body. That might help a little bit.

A stir beside me made my head turn, John had woken up, his arm laying against the top of his head as if to shade his eyes. They were looking at me, the blue catching me immediately.

"Morning, sleepyhead." I said, my legs dangling from the arm on the couch. I was wearing shorts that I had put on a little after John had fallen asleep. His eyes weren't on mine anymore. Oh, god. Here we go again.

His gaze was on my legs, and staying there. I mentally laughed and made myself look like I hadn't noticed and started to stretch, my long legs flexing and showing the slight muscle. They weren't tan, but hey, the shape of them was perfect. I saw him swallow out of the corner of my eye.

Then I couldn't take it anymore, I stopped and started to laugh. I got off of the couch and put my hand on his warm shoulder.

"Always knew you were a leg man." I patted his shoulder and started walking towards the kitchen. I kept chuckling, my hand over my mouth the whole way there. I could still feel his gaze on me as I went. Perhaps he was a backside man too.

I looked back at him and slapped my butt, enhancing the effect. His eyes went wide and laughed even harder. It was just so easy to tease him.

And I think after all of this serious stuff, we deserved a laugh or two.

I finally got to the kitchen, closing the blinds over the sink and over the sliding door. I didn't want to put up with light all day. Even though I wanted to sleep, I don't think it's the right time to be doing that. I needed to start with planning soon.

And first I had to call Amarande.

The thought brought dread to my stomach, last time I had seen him he had seemed out of it. I even remembered thinking that it might be him. How wrong I was. I decided just to call him now, just to get it over with and to let him know that the killer was a personal enemy of mine.

I dialed the number and waited for three rings until he picked up, sounding like I had interrupted him from something.

"Hello?" his voice said, muffled by something in the distance. It almost sounded like a concert.

"Amarande?" I asked. John had come into the kitchen and started to search through the cupboards, his black t-shirt becoming tighter every time he reached for something. My eyes narrowed, and in my head was an 'mmmm' that had come out of nowhere. I closed my eyes to erase everything I just thought about. I had an important call to take.

"Oh, hello Rosemary. I hadn't expected you to call just a few days after my visit. You have new information?" he asked, getting right down to the point.

"Yes, actually. I know who the murder is. They're coming after me in two days." I said, a little edge to my voice on the last part. Damn, I really needed some help, and fast.

"And who would it be?" he questioned, his voice becoming more clearer. He must have walked out of the loud room he was in.

"It's a personal reason. His name in Philip, a love interest from a couple hundred years ago. I killed him, a vampire saved him." I said, leaving the part out that he had a brother. A rather hot one.

"I see. You should have thought twice about who you were killing. Did you know he knew other vampires?" he asked. I had to come up with something, real quick.

"No, he never mentioned anything about them. He didn't even know I was one until I killed him. By then I didn't think it mattered. I was only two-hundred. I made a mistake. I'm going to fix it." I promised, not sure if I should have, considering I don't have a clue how I'm going to take down a whole army.

"You better. Innocent people have been murdered because of your mistake. Anything else you need to tell me?" he asked, making his question the final one he was going to ask.

I sighed.

"He's created an army." I said.

The silence on the other end of the phone was astonishing. No breathing, no music, nothing. A couple of seconds went by, my mind racing with what could happen next.

"I'm coming over." he said, hanging up. It left me staring at the phone, my mouth in an O shape.

John had stopped to look at me. A piece of bread with butter on it in his hands.

"So what's going on?" he asked, curiosity clear in his voice. He was spreading butter on the other piece of toast with a knife in his hands. I was glad that somebody was eating here, everything would go stale if they didn't.

"Amarande, my creator is coming here." I said. I breathed in and out, taking deep breathes as I thought about all of the consequences. He would surely find out about John.

All of a sudden, a smell so strong and mouth watering took over my nose. My eyes became black and my head whipped around to John, the source of it.

He had cut himself with the knife.

"Shit!" He cursed, throwing the knife down.

My legs had already begun moving towards him slowly, like a predator. He looked up at my footsteps. His blood smelled so much better than the rest of the humans. It reminded me of some that I had had long ago. I wanted to kill him.

The blood was the same he had given me at the bar, making me lose consciousness.

He turned his back towards me, cradling his hand underneath the sink, running water over it to get the blood off quick before I could attack him.

The smell lost some of it's strength, causing me to calm down a bit. John turned around, a grimace on his face.

"Sorry about that." he said, then continued to get a napkin and hold it over his finger.

My arm was leaning against the island in the middle of the kitchen, it's marble top steadying me so I wouldn't try and kill John. The blood was the same he had given me that night at the bar. The kind that made me pass out. He had cut himself to get me to pass out?

"John, do I even want to know why your blood is so strong?" I asked, seconds before falling to the ground, just from the strong smell of his blood.

Well, there goes the plan of planning all day.

I'm going to be real unprepared.