Chapter 13: Magic

"How did the Beatles actually find Jeremy?" Asked Blue. Finn considered the question before replying "They went to the Sea of Nothing. It's like... it's like a kind of nowhere land."

Blue laughed. "You do realise that the phrase Nowhere Land doesn't make any sense to me?" "Yeah" replied Finn "but explaining it properly wouldn't make it any better."

"Imagine you are a magician." Said Roger suddenly. "And you have a hat. And inside the hat you place a white rabbit. Imagine you make the rabbit disappear and show the hat to the audience. There is nothing inside it, see?"

"Yes" interrupted Blue "but I still don't see..."

"Now imagine" continued Roger "That you put yourself, the audience, the stage and everything across the whole universe inside that hat and you make it disappear. There is nothing at all. Just... emptiness for miles and miles."

"Okay." Replied Blue "But I still don't..."

"Look" Said Roger. "It doesn't even matter. The point is, we need to get to Nowhere land, find a Boob and get him or her to help us. The problem is, the last people to visit Nowhere land were The Beatles and we have no idea how they got there." As he spoke however, the Submarine printed another piece of paper. He picked it up and read it out loud. "Sea of Science, Sea of Monsters, Sea of Nothing." He sighed and looked at the other three. "Well that's great." He commented sarcastically. "We have to pass through a Sea of Monsters to get there. Monsters! This sounds brilliant."

"Why do we even need a Boob anyway?" Questioned Blue "It's not like they have magic powers or anything. And by the looks of things..." She peered at the image of the Boob shown on the screen "They aren't even strong and they don't look very fast either..."

"You'd be surprised." Said Finn "Fred told us Jeremy was the one who finally defeated the leader of the Blue Meanies. And they do have magic powers... Fred said that when Jeremy touched the Blue Meanie, pink flowers bloomed from his fur and he his character changed dramatically - he became a good guy. Apparently it's something to do with their superior brains - they talk only in rhymes and riddles."

"That just sounds annoying. And ever so slightly unbelievable."

As they spoke yet another message printed. "I can take you to the Sea of Science if you want to find a Boob. Also, Blue, stop complaining and go with it okay?"

Blue gave the printer an apprehensive look but replied "Okay. Tell us what to do."

The picture of the Boob flickered off the screen to be replaced by a solid pink background. Then, words started to appear on the screen.

"PRESS THE SMALL GREEN BUTTON IN THE LEFT CORNER LABELLED SHIFT. DON'T LET GO." Blue obediently held her finger on the correct button.

"FINN, GO TO THE LARGE WHEEL ON YOUR RIGHT." Finn did as the Submarine asked. "NOW, TURN IT 360 DEGREES."

Finn turned the wheel. There was a buzzing noise as another control panel near Roger lit up. Everyone hurried over to check it out.